forum for kitesurfers

BenWilder
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Style: wakestyle
Gear: EPIC & XENON

2007 rises

Postby BenWilder » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:40 pm

I just got 2007 rises 12m and 8m. They dont have bridle mods on but i've thinking to put them. Is it worth and will it make kites better? I have read that after the mod bar pressure dissapears and that is something i want. Is it close to RRD HyperType's bar pressure which i allready own.

dwarf
Frequent Poster

Re: 2007 rises

Postby dwarf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:05 pm

You can apply the 08 bridle mod to this kite. than you can choose between

- forward settings --> moderate/light barpressure, full depower
- backward settings --> almost no bar pressure, less depower, more prone to stalling.

Also with the 08 bridle kit the kite will be more direct to bar input. I would go with the forward settings. Bar pressure is perfect in this setting and gives good feedback.

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits

Postby EvanOR » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Without hesitation, do it! You get:

1) lighter bar pressure
2) way more depower and overall range
3) much faster turning
4) much more direct, responsive steering and feel

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Converting the World one rider at a time.

jaros
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jaros » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:22 am

How can you tell if the 2007 Rise has 08 bridle on or not?
Thanx,
Jaros

BenWilder
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Style: wakestyle
Gear: EPIC & XENON

Postby BenWilder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:27 am

In 2007 rise kites has pulley in both wingtips, so bridle lines goes thru it in to backlines. 2008 rises has pulleys in bridle lines and back and front lines are separated.

What settings does rise kite owner prefer? Forward or backward settings.

allerston
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: hayling island
Style: oldschool
Gear: Ocean rodeo rise (07)10m
15m RRD Type 7
129x39 Ocean Rodeo Zen Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: Tech Rep for Ocean Rodeo UK

Postby allerston » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:25 pm

without a doubt either buy or do the mod yourself.. it makes it a completely different beast. depower improves, bar pressure halves and it becomes snappier on the turns like a c kite :)

i always have it on the fast turning setting and i find that when not so powered the furthest back front line setting is best and then when you get out of the backstall zone putting it on the forward settings makes it power more in the turns and loops become lots more powerful than on the other setting where it whips round semi stalling on the way out.... its good cos you can learn to loop on one setting then move it to take it up a notch :)

i find the low end is better with the mod , mainly due to it being a lot easier to work the kite without your arms coming off! but it does feel 'nicer' (very vauge) at the lower end.

top end is better too as it becomes more like a 'classic' SLE in that with the bar out it offers enough depower for most wind strengths, i only trim in when i get to 20+ kts or so and can take it nearly up to 30. 25 is the top of the sensible range above that it becomes more hanging on.. but still doable. i get by with my 10 as the smallest kite, and my other kite (15 type 7) barely comes out as the bottom end is only about 2kts different. so with the mod and all the 10 is as close to a sensible 'one kite quiver' as youre going to get. it pulls like a 12/13 at the bottom end :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”