LF Havoc riders

forum for kitesurfers

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

LF Havoc riders

Postby Guam Bomb » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey anyone who tried the 08 Havocs what are your comments on these kites...which sizes in your quiver .Some feed back will be nice :thumb:

adamrod
Frequent Poster

Re: LF Havoc riders

Postby adamrod » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm

I have 6,8,10,12

the 08s have a better high end than the 07s, and they jump better too. Not really sure what you're looking for in terms of info...basically, the kite is great, and they made it really bomber. I'm about 160 lbs. the 12 is my biggest kite, and i usually ride that in around 15-17 or so. the kites have a lot of low end, so when I'm on my 10, everyone else is on 12s. the 6 is perfect for anything above or around 30...

smpl
Medium Poster

Postby smpl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:04 pm

adamrod wrote:I have 6,8,10,12

the 08s have a better high end than the 07s, and they jump better too. Not really sure what you're looking for in terms of info...basically, the kite is great, and they made it really bomber. I'm about 160 lbs. the 12 is my biggest kite, and i usually ride that in around 15-17 or so. the kites have a lot of low end, so when I'm on my 10, everyone else is on 12s. the 6 is perfect for anything above or around 30...

I have been unimpressed with my 07 Havoc 8m's high end performance. It just seems to jelly fish a lot and feel unsafe. When I'm riding with it in high winds I sometimes think about rigging up my 07 Takoon Nova 2 12m instead.

Is there anything I can do about this?

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:11 pm

smpl...

that's weird. Maybe something is wrong with it or how it is rigged... We have like 5 8's rigged all the time and everyone loves them...to me, they feel very solid, loop very well and they dont jellyfish AT ALL...

they remind me of the older fuels...only with depower

it is my "go to" kite when we have any wind over 19knots...

As for the havocs overall...we have been extremely impressed...very light bar pressure, very responsive, well built...and no, LF is not paying me to say this...I just like to give props when props are due...and LF is a great company...we have been more than pleased will all aspects of their business, products and service. Can't wait to see what they come up with next...

we just took 4 of them on an 85 mile downwinder...we use them almost exclusively on all our lessons...love them...

as for sizes...you can go 8/12/16 or 10/14 depending on your size and conditions...if you happen to be around the Keys, you can try them all...

NEkitesurfing
Medium Poster

Postby NEkitesurfing » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm 145lbs and the Havoc Gen II in 12m² is my biggest kite in my quiver. This kite is the best SLE I've tried so far. Like the Havoc II more than the Bandit which has a huge success in Europe.
Low bar pressure and responds directly to any inputs. Flys well hook ed and unhooked and is still smooth in gusty conditions.
Very well done package with a nice carbon bar and bag. The only complaint I have is that there is no svivel to unspin the frontlines. Not a big deal because it makes me to spin both ways.
Can't say anythink to the older LF-Kites.

smpl
Medium Poster

Postby smpl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07 pm

NEkitesurfing wrote:Very well done package with a nice carbon bar and bag. The only complaint I have is that there is no svivel to unspin the frontlines. Not a big deal because it makes me to spin both ways.

I fully agree. This LF bar is the best bar I've ever used. A swivel would be awesome!

B-rad Lange: check your inbox.

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:09 am

yep...sorry I can't read...you said 07 havoc...that was true...th 08 is a whole new kite...

and NEkitesurfing...you're right!! Keeps us legit...go front, go back, loop front, loop back...

WCK
Medium Poster

Postby WCK » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:49 am

I have the 8,12,16, and that quiver has worked in all conditions that I have been in so far this year.

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster

Postby Guam Bomb » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks everyone..i have been impressed with the 08 Havocs compared to last years .the kite feels nice in all points and jumps way better then 07 also the build quality is great :thumb: i hope soon i can test the other sizes .Great work LF team on the 08 Havocs :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”