Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Boosting...PLEASE HELP

forum for kitesurfers

uniden
Rare Poster

Boosting...PLEASE HELP

Postby uniden » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 am

Hey all.
Whenever i try to boost my legs get thrown behind me on takoff. and also i can never seem to get any height. Somtime i will go for 10ft long but im only 2ft off the water. I have my kite at 10:30 then take it to 1:00. What happens if you pop to early or too late? Any help is appreciated
thanks in advance

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: all
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Boosting...PLEASE HELP

Postby scklandl » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:21 am

you're not translating your forward momentum into tension. keep up your speed as you carve harder away from the kite so that your momentum generates lots of tension between your kite and you. you wont ever get there but try to get your body travelling 90 degrees to the kite.

once youve achieved maxi tension flatten out the board while bending both knees, extend the front leg first and push off the rear leg as the kite pulls you up. dont worry about your legs being pulled being pulled behind you. its part of the process and will help you nail trix down the road from your first deadman to your first danglepass.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:15 am

make sure you have enough speed. The faster the more power you can get out of it.

Pull the bar towards you, once you want to lift of to get more power out of it.
Make sure to have the kite trimmed correctly, that then then the kite does not fly backwards due to too short backlines.

Fly it backwards aggressively, really go for it.

Also wait for a little gust to hit, and make sure to jump of a small kicker if you have choppy water.
Very flat is good too, or any wave.

Eduardo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Eduardo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:24 pm

you probably have some pop problems. you should be able to get a couple feet off the ground without even sending the kite. I'd suggest work on pop: keep the kite parked at 10:30 play around until your pop feels more solid.

GMan
Medium Poster

Postby GMan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Agree with the pop issue. One way of getting the pop feeling is to start with transitions. That way you are not going very fast, since you are slowing down to change directions. If you do it right you should be able to go straight up (without loosing ground downwind) and get as high as your current jumps. That will give you the sensation you are looking for. After that try to do it faster and higher each time. Try not to do it too over powered or you will not be able to keep your edge...

Buena suerte!!

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Or go for jenny weight loss program , :lol: :jump:

20 m or bust
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Dalrock, Ray Roberts
Favorite Beaches: Mustang Island, Stink Beach
Style: Free ride
Gear: Waroos
Stretch board

Postby 20 m or bust » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Humble opinion: its a timing issue, pop off the water just when your kite hits the top. Be sure u have an effective pop as well.

CorpusKiter15
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Wildcat, J.P. Luby, Port A, Packery, Rockport, North Beach (Corpus Christi, TX)
Favorite Beaches: Wildcat Park in Portland, TX
Style: Progressive
Gear: 07 Vegas, 07 Crazyfly, DaKine Tabu

Postby CorpusKiter15 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 pm

As soon as you start cranking the kite to 12-1, be carving away from your kite or atleast keeping your edge....then once the kite gets to 12-1 pop off the water and pull down on your bar. Steer kite overhead while your in the air, then as you're coming down pull the bar to send the kite back down in front of you. Land going downwnd.

Right now all you're doing is turning the kite overhead and not keeping your edge, so you're being pulled off your edge and further underneath your kite which results in lengthy jumps..not high ones.

steveb
Frequent Poster

Postby steveb » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 pm

SOunds to me as thought you're getting over powered by the kite as you send it, so you lose your edge early. This will cause the low long jumps.
Try starting with your kite higher in the window, around 11. This will reduce the amount of force trying to pull you off the boards edge, as other people said as the kite approaches 12 carve upwind hard while pulling your body from a more upright into a low position, this will increase the amount of line tension. As you feel your body leaving the water don't try to jump up, push off your boards edge away from the kite, upwind.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:17 am

learn some errors for get better improvement ! :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”