Adrenalin

Naish Torchs and Balance Pro 133
http://www.wearebalance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rustas
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Salinelle, Capo Feto, Puzziteddu, Lo Stagnone, Agrigento
Favorite Beaches: Sicilia, Brasil, Venezuela
Style: ...trying to get one...
Gear: Torch 9, 10 and 12. Naish Sol, Aboards Z-series.
Brand Affiliation: I do believe in clean underwear.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish SOL

Postby Rustas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Hmmm, could be.
In that case i'm the sit outta luck since my 07 is keen on loosing fins and straps...
Have basically custom made all attachments after loosing most things during two (2) wavesessions in the meditterenean sea (big waves, but a lot of bumping and grinding to get out).

Crap spec. :nono:

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:49 am

AdrenalinDriven wrote:I think its sun

Adrenalin

Naish Torchs and Balance Pro 133
http://www.wearebalance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Sun Outta Luck"?

:-?

Yeah, yeah, I know.... Spanish for sun....

sourra
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Reflex 141 + Naish Torch/Cult/Momentum/Custom + Bluebottle Custom

Postby sourra » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 am

The 07-fins that keeps falling off has absolutely been corrected for 2008. I've been riding the board for two weeks in egypt and there's been no hassle or signs of stuff coming off. The 08-pads are better than great and the board itself is really really nice.

Rolavi2
Medium Poster

Postby Rolavi2 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Buy a srewdriver and use it to tighten things often. That board had sooo much flex the srews would work out for some reason. I think the 08 is stiffer.

Rustas
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Salinelle, Capo Feto, Puzziteddu, Lo Stagnone, Agrigento
Favorite Beaches: Sicilia, Brasil, Venezuela
Style: ...trying to get one...
Gear: Torch 9, 10 and 12. Naish Sol, Aboards Z-series.
Brand Affiliation: I do believe in clean underwear.

Postby Rustas » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:10 am

Rolavi2 wrote:Buy a srewdriver and use it to tighten things often. That board had sooo much flex the srews would work out for some reason. I think the 08 is stiffer.
I can asure you that i have quite a complet set of tools and machines, and know how to use them.

I bought this board (136x39.5) late last year after having tested it. I use it as my "go fast/chop eater/wave/low wind-fun kind of kneesaving older kids board...

The problem is that it's specced with finscrews that are to short, fins without thread inserts (threads directly in the resin/fiberglass...whatever) and the fotpads are hold by a screw without a locking washer.
The result is that when you have tightened the fins a couple of times, (at least once every session if you like jumping) they are going to rip the threads out of the fins one day (soon).
(Here i have seen some 07 Thorns with one or two fins changed aswell (not different sizes toe and heelside.)

Sure you can allways fix everything, but even though i have worked with related things, i happily assembled my board not thinking much about it.
Result?
Fins fly of on a big wave day and you have a 400 km roundtrip to your dealer to do.

That sucks.

(I have no intention to buy the 08 SOL since i kind of almost like my board except for the to big (but few 8) fins and the strange footpads (that are really wellattached nowadays).

Next board will be a NONNaish freestyle board.

Hang Pung

Rolavi2
Medium Poster

Postby Rolavi2 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 am

No problem here. The inserts held up just fine for me. Had to tighten often though as I did on my really flexy Jimmy Lewis' back in the day..Bought the board for similar reasons but thought it had a little too much flex, lacked power and needed to be ridden too big because of flex and narrow tips. Went with the 08 Thorn this year and like it much better. Seems to be the same inserts that work great for me and others I know.

I might not be as hard on my equipment as you, but I wouldn't count on it. Though I do use Naish surfboards in the surf these days and fins stay locked in just fine and I have much more fun..

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:55 am

We have lots of 07 and 08 Sols in use around here with no problems. Of course you have to regularly check the screws on the straps and fins to make sure they haven't worked loose ..which they can do on any board.

I find the 07 and 08 Sols have similar soft ride that is great at handling chop and riding waves. And both are almost indestructable. Overall, great boards.

Chris Glazier

Generic-Imitation
Frequent Poster

Postby Generic-Imitation » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 am

cglazier wrote:We have lots of 07 and 08 Sols in use around here with no problems. Of course you have to regularly check the screws on the straps and fins to make sure they haven't worked loose ..which they can do on any board.

I find the 07 and 08 Sols have similar soft ride that is great at handling chop and riding waves. And both are almost indestructable. Overall, great boards.

Chris Glazier
I agree, I like my board. I have the 137. No problems to date with anything coming off. We'll see. I'm just wondering what SOL stands for.. is it sun? That was the point of this thread... not to Naish bash. I like them. Just thought the name might need a small tweak... I'm superstitious like that. If I buy a board that is shit outta luck, am I now shit outta luck as well? j/k anyhow stop the Naish bashing

Return to “Kitesurfing”