Eclipse 6m Nano

Forum for kitesurfers
bustingbladder
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eclipse 6m Nano

Postby bustingbladder » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 am

Had a chance to ride the 6m Nano yesterday and rode till well after dark under the dock lights. The kite is bad ass! Super fast turning and has a ton of low end. Another buddy of mine that weighs 240lbs. was rocking it in 20kts and was jumping and doing kiteloops like a mad dog. This kite will suprise you in wind conditions that usually would require a larger kite. Double kiteloops are at the forefront of the learning curve now. Nice job Chris and Dimitri. Now where's my 5'11'' surfboard? :rollgrin: Charge!

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Re: Eclipse 6m Nano

Postby windmaker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:57 am

I weigh 64kg and use a 6m Nano with a 5'7'' surfboard for 80% of my kitesurfing from 18 to 30 knots. Could probably use it in stronger wind but i also own the 4m which i use from 25 to 40+ knots.

Chungmu
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Chungmu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Bustingbladder & Windmaker,
What do you have your lines setup on for the 6m? What line length and did you add an additional knot to the outside lines? I am not getting the low end that you appear to be and would love to be getting that. Granted I am little heavier than you, 205 lbs (92 kg).

Thanks in advance.
Chris

bustingbladder
Medium Poster

Postby bustingbladder » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Chungmu, I have all my Eclipse bars set up the same. On the kite I use the top knot. At the bar, on the outside/back lines, I have them set to the top knot as well. Making the back lines shorter thus creating more low end power. More power! More power! Yeah! Charge! Hope this helps you out my friend. :allbegood:

Wally Gator

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Chungmu,
On my 9m Nano, I added an extra knot approx 2 cm's closer to the kite on the back line attachhment point. Also, on my bar, I have it set on the middle knot on the outside lines. I fly it like this on my Nano and on all my Thrusters. Gives them much more power, but not so much back line tension that it makes the kite backstall. Give it a try and I bet you will find much more power.

Chungmu
Frequent Poster

Postby Chungmu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I actually modified my Thrusters in this way but wasn't sure if the Nano's needed that as well. Figured I'd check with others before I started messing around.

Return to “Kitesurfing”