Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Interview with Bulgarian Champ Valentin Stoianov

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Interview with 2005 and 2006 Bulgarian Champion Valentin Stoianov from http://www.kitemaina.com

valio gabrovo.jpg
valio gabrovo.jpg (96.84 KiB) Viewed 6709 times

Hello Valio, How are you?

Hello Sniper, I am getting ready for the summer season and preparing the school at “Gradina” camp.

When did you start with the kite-surf?

Winter 2002. First I started on snow, then. I went on water. In the beginning I was sworn windsurfer, but after I made my first back-roll I couldn’t leave the kite. I was fascinated that everything is happened so fast.

So, you used snow-kite equipment for both places?

Yes, I only changed the boards.

In 2005 and 2006 you become a double champion of Bulgaria. Have you ever thought about world appearances?

No, I’ve never thought about it, I thing that my experience level is not ready yet. We need more contests in Bulgaria so that we can get the key up.

Do you have favorite spots, or you need only good wind and cool people?

This is camp “Gradina”! The wind and the good company are very important, because is better when you can share the pleasure of driving with other people.

C or a Bow?

This is a moot point. I am riding C- kite, but recently they’ve made hybrids that are elaborating, that get my interest.

Would you give some advice to the people who get into the sport, without instructors and professional training?

I do not advice anybody to begin without a proper instructor. In fact, I thing that is very important for the beginner to go throughout complete course of training.

Camp or five star hotels?

Camp of course, I love getting around with my Camper. When there is no wind I go in the mountains with my favorite ATV.

Return to “Kitesurfing”