Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

why all the hate about Best?

Forum for kitesurfers
TheKiteLife
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Playa Copal, Costa Rica. Mancora, Peru. Maui, Hawaii. The Gorge. Miami, Florida. Heineken Beach, St.Croix, Paros, Greece, Cape Town, South Africa
Brand Affiliation: Gabes Kite Life, Transcend Kiteboard Apparel, Blade Kites, Royal Kites, The Kite Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

why all the hate about Best?

Postby TheKiteLife » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 am

I ride Best kites and really like them, but am wondering since people are always bashing their kites; are other brands THAT much better? Or is just because Best is one of the more advertised brands out there. Not trying to hype Best or anything, just honestly curious.

fyi: rode waroo's for last 1.5yr and been on a nemesis hp for last several months

Thanks

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Re: why all the hate about Best?

Postby ScottM » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

Past history basically on the forum, nowadays they have eased off all the outrageous claims and knocking of other brands, but some still remember I guess!! :allbegood:

Neill
Frequent Poster

Postby Neill » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:18 am

I think also part of the reason is that best doesn't really design any of their kites, historically they have just ripped off everyone else's ideas and therefore been 1 year behind everyone else in terms of design. Nobody likes a cheater.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby panchito » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:22 am

ScottM wrote:Past history basically on the forum, nowadays they have eased off all the outrageous claims and knocking of other brands, but some still remember I guess!! :allbegood:
Yeah .... Gumball + SQ = Hellfish ... all other kites are obsolete type of marketing ?

Other than that .... Best kites are fine .... good value & with pros or cons as any other brand out there .

Saludos

Franz

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Its all hype bashing from years ago when best entered the market and every other manufascturer shat their pants as Kite prices became affordable under Best.

some still cant get over it and spit their dummy out at any given moment - eh Neill ? nobody likes smarty pants who cant get his facts right either...

Enjoy whatever you ride.

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:46 pm

stxkites wrote:I ride Best kites and really like them, but am wondering since people are always bashing their kites; are other brands THAT much better? Or is just because Best is one of the more advertised brands out there. Not trying to hype Best or anything, just honestly curious.

fyi: rode waroo's for last 1.5yr and been on a nemesis hp for last several months

Thanks
It's alright, everybody can make a mistake. All is not lost and you can yet be redeemed. A few prayers along the lines of, "Forgive me Lord for I have sinned........... should do the trick. :thumb:

Cabarete_Dom
Medium Poster

Postby Cabarete_Dom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Eddy i dont think theres any need to be sarcastically rude. Best didnt start their kite designs ethicaly and everyone knows it. I personally think that their new gear looks exellent especially the new yarga, the bar is beaut. I do think their designs are a little plain but they stand out and you can tell what it is straight away. There is no denying that they have a very american aproach to their marketing which in itself is obviously good seeing as their market is massive, cheap kites with quality for normal people that dont have naish money. I dont think i would ever buy one of their kites but i am going toget myself a 08 cbar, its a love hate thing and it happens with all companies in all sports but at least if someone is bashing them their still talking about the brand and more people are likely to check them out. I think their genius in their marketing...

My two cents. :thumb:

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:06 pm

It comes from horribly annoying in your face posting by Best and their fanboys. Guys competing to get the affection of Best so they can get a discount. It's pathetic. A few years ago, there was no way I'd buy anything Best. Their pollution of every forum out there was just too annoying. The marketing with a 14 year-old boy mentality didn't help. Maybe not the best strategy when your target audience is 25 to 55 years-old.

Of course there are some competitors out there that will always flame and fanboys of other brands, but mostly it was all the annoying posts and negativity towards others.

I have almost all Best kites now. Their quality has gone up and the pimping down.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:22 pm

i start to reconize at best kite quality get better improvements than bad past also few best kiters were bad dogs against different brand kite companys till now time for better respect for no matter with what any kind brand kites people like to use so all any brand kites we are basic same kiting / have good stoking for kiting so i have few friends use best kites as i dont critize them cuz they are good kiters , too :thumb:

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 pm

think also part of the reason is that best doesn't really design any of their kites, historically they have just ripped off everyone else's ideas and therefore been 1 year behind everyone else in terms of design. Nobody likes a cheater.
You are full of shit, at the end of the day Cabrinha brought out the Crossbow and all manufacturers suddenly had to bring out new designs to keep up and stay in the game - the 2004/2005/2006 Yargas were awesome kites, the Yarga SLE was a good kite, very innovative. Loads of manufacturers came out with Crossbow copies - whatever they were called hybrids, SLEs etc, they were all caught off guard and had to come up with something - Best came up with the Waroo, which was a half decent kite considering everyone expected it to be shit - since then they have tweaked their design and the latest Waroos and Nemises are awesome kites - just in the same way all the other manufacturers have.

90% of the people who bash Best are fcuking idiots who just jump on the bandwagon without knowing what the fcuk they are talking about, they read stuff that other people have posted and rewrite it thinking they are clever.

Yeah, best did rub alot of people up the wrong way a few years ago, but get over it, its in the past.

FYI I have no connection with Best apart from I fly a 9M Waroo (along with a full quiver of Torches).

Jay

Return to “Kitesurfing”