Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteboarding shop in Austin Texas

forum for kitesurfers

hawks
Medium Poster

Kiteboarding shop in Austin Texas

Postby hawks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Hey

Just wondering if somebody has a any knowledge if there is a kiteboarding shop in Austin or surrounding area

Cheers

jbn999
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Central Texas
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kiteboarding shop in Austin Texas

Postby jbn999 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Closest shops are on the coast and in Dallas. Are you on the centexkiteboarding.com forum?

hawks
Medium Poster

Postby hawks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:25 pm

thanks for the awnser. not on the centexkiteboarding.com forum

pacifichigh
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby pacifichigh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Check out Austin Surf Company on South Lamar. Starting to carry some kite stuff. http://ascboards.com/

splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004

Postby splatnikGanglion » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:11 pm

I don't know about ASC.

If it's the place I'm thinking about they've been around for over a year "selling" kite stuff. I say "selling" in quotes because they've never made any attempt to hook up with the locals or say anything on centexkiteboarding.com and I've never ridden with any of them. Seems lame that they aren't interested in meeting all the other riders around here. I also see that they're listed as a "kite school" on the best website.

Pacific wakesurfs with the guys, so he's buds with them and he's going to give you a pro-ASC spin. I've been riding on all the lakes around here for 4 years and haven't run into those ASC guys while kiteboarding (I guess they only ride lake travis, which is a terrible lake most of the time, but very close to austin). Pacific is new to the area but an experienced rider from oregon.

I just don't trust people who sell kites and don't contribute to the local scene. These guys have never made any attempts to reach out to local kiters but they're selling kites around here. Hopefully they're knowlegable and not giving people bad advice.

Now that Pacific is hanging around with them maybe he can get them more involved in the scene. We'll see, but until then my money is going to other shops that support our association...

Return to “Kitesurfing”