Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite board Rating (Liquid Force Lithium 145)

forum for kitesurfers

Marker24
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 9
Local Beach: Atlantic Beach
Favorite Beaches: Atlantic Beach
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Kite board Rating (Liquid Force Lithium 145)

Postby Marker24 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Is a Liquid Force Lithium 145 a good board to learn on?

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: All kinds.

Re: Kite board Rating (Liquid Force Lithium 145)

Postby POACHER » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 am

Yes and no............mostly no.

The stock fins it came with are VERY small (those small plastic, hooked inward edge fins...........which come loose easily fyi) and really only works well when you are a proficient rider, able to set your edge correctly. When you are a noob, you need some friggen big ass fins working for you to keep you upwind. I eventually got the board to work ok with some bigger RFC 2.25" fins.

The Lithium was one of my first boards and I was determined to stick with it. The second I rode a Slingshot (Misfit I believe) in a 134 with 2" fins everything became much easier. It just worked better. Even when I was able to stay upwind consistently, when conditions were overpowered the size of the board and the weird fin setup was less than desirable.....too loose.

Just my $.02.

Go buy a Nobile T5, it's a great board overall, even when you're beyond your beginner days.

Good luck.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kite board Rating (Liquid Force Lithium 145)

Postby kitesurf66 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 pm

I am pretty sure that the Lithium was a wakeboard, not a kiteboard. If my memory is correct, then a big no is the answer. It's always difficult to spend money at the beginning and buy a kiteboard, which may or may not be cheap. However, my advise is to buy a proper kiteboard, and you will progress faster. Look at boards from 2007 on, and you should be fine. Asking in this forum about any other choices will definitely help you in narrowing down your selection. Watch out for pimps though.

K66

Return to “Kitesurfing”