Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Binding advice

forum for kitesurfers

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Binding advice

Postby mickpilch » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

I thought i'd have a bit of a change last weekend so I got a pair of bindings off my old wakeboard, drilled some new holes in the plates then lobbed them on my kitesurf board.

I used to kitesurf using my wakeboard back in the day so it was no big deal, but having been using straps for 5 or 6 years the increased weight freaked me out for a while before I got used to it. My timing was all over the place, but after a while I sorted it out then I really enjoyed it, however the increased effort (due to the sheer weight increase) I needed to put into stuff really knackered me after a while.

A couple of things I need to address, I need advice on some good bindings, the things I dislike are:

The ones I have weighafuckinton! so I would like some nice light(er) bindings...

and

They are also an arse to get in/out it would be nice to have a system like the Flow bindings for snowboards that 'snap' shut.

Do they exist? or does anyone have any recommendation for anything close to the above?

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Re: Binding advice

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 pm

post this on kitescoop.com and you'll have info on the right bindings within a day, good luck bro

Adrenalin

Naish Torchs and Balance Pro 133
http://www.wearebalance.com

SeaHyde
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Favorite Beaches: Any beach with wind and with out dangle foot strapped Kooks!!!!!!
Style: [Kite low full power wake stylie
Gear: GK Trix, DC Thug, Escalade Bindings Beeyatches!!!!!!!

Postby SeaHyde » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:55 am

mickpilch wrote:I thought i'd have a bit of a change last weekend so I got a pair of bindings off my old wakeboard, drilled some new holes in the plates then lobbed them on my kitesurf board.

I used to kitesurf using my wakeboard back in the day so it was no big deal, but having been using straps for 5 or 6 years the increased weight freaked me out for a while before I got used to it. My timing was all over the place, but after a while I sorted it out then I really enjoyed it, however the increased effort (due to the sheer weight increase) I needed to put into stuff really knackered me after a while.

A couple of things I need to address, I need advice on some good bindings, the things I dislike are:

The ones I have weighafuckinton! so I would like some nice light(er) bindings...

and

They are also an arse to get in/out it would be nice to have a system like the Flow bindings for snowboards that 'snap' shut.

Do they exist? or does anyone have any recommendation for anything close to the above?

Yes there are bindings like the Flows, there called CWB http://www.evogear.com/wakeboard-bindin ... -2008.aspx
They are heavy and if your riding in salt water they rust out pretty quick. Other good options would be: 1st the LF Unions light very easy entry, but not the best heel hold down and very flexy. 2nd the LF Escalades which are a tad bit heaver a little harder entry but still way easy, great heel hold down, a little stiffer then the Unions but still very flexy and very stylish. Hope that helps and come join us on the Scoop and join the dark side and you'll never look back(except for a good laugh) !!!!! Peace, SeaHyde
PS I personally love my Escalades, they are the best of both worlds and super comfy!! :kiff:
PPS Theres also the LF Vantage(don't know much about) and LF Cabs(don't know much about except them being very lite). All these are the boots that most all The Scoop Troops are in!

mickpilch
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mickpilch » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 am

Quality......

Thanks for the info, i'll check it out :thumb:

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:39 pm

I rode the rear entry Torq's for the last two years. They are not all that heavy and super easy in and out. Set the bottom lace and leave it. Never tightened the top lace until its over 20 knots.

I ride fresh water with the exception of a few OXB trips. The hardware is still in great condition, but constant salt would be a bad idea.

Switched to a pair of escalades cause eventually you get pissed off by the laces getting caught between your toes. Not much to complain about really, but I like the fit of the escalades and they seem to be pretty easy in/out.

Go wide stance on a board with decent rocker.

(edit) The CWB's are still looking mint after two years of heavy use and are now passed on to another rider. One more trooper

Return to “Kitesurfing”