kabrinha swithblade or contra?

forum for kitesurfers

umbc84
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

kabrinha swithblade or contra?

Postby umbc84 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:45 am

I am begginer in this sport and about to buy my first kite. I ve been told to go with cabrinha. Llight wind is going to be issue for me, so i was looking the contra light wind model. but swithblade seems to be very easy one to handle for begginers.is contra also easy to handle? also how much is there differnce between 07 and 08 model. obviously 07 ones are much cheaper and if there is not that much difference i will probably go with that. i am 220 pounds and the winds at my home beach are not very strong. so also what size should i get?

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: kabrinha swithblade or contra?

Postby PAFF » Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 am

umbc84 wrote:I am begginer in this sport and about to buy my first kite. I ve been told to go with cabrinha. Llight wind is going to be issue for me, so i was looking the contra light wind model. but swithblade seems to be very easy one to handle for begginers.is contra also easy to handle? also how much is there differnce between 07 and 08 model. obviously 07 ones are much cheaper and if there is not that much difference i will probably go with that. i am 220 pounds and the winds at my home beach are not very strong. so also what size should i get?

If your 110kg then you would be best off getting the 14 contra for light winds as your first kite..

The 2007 is fine.

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: kabrinha swithblade or contra?

Postby BJkitesurf » Tue May 06, 2008 2:12 pm

second to PAFF

Return to “Kitesurfing”