Windfinder.com is happy to present you a new and improved version of our wind and weather forecast: the "superforecast".
Based on the latest version of regional weather models, we want to give you a forecast that is very accurate. The forecast is available in 21km resolution, which is about the double precision than our previous forecasts. It is available in hourly timesteps for the next three days and is updated four times a day at about 3, 9, 15 and 21 o'clock UTC.
We are also able to show you new weather parameters:
- relative humidity
- type of precipitation: snow or rain or both
- the perceived temperature: if it is cold and windy, the temperature will feel lower than the real temperature. On the other side, if it is warm and humid, the temperature will feel higher.
The forecast area covers main parts of Europe as you can see in the map:
To access the superforecast, just go to your local wind report or forecast. Then you will see a link to the superforecast on the top right side. After opening the superforecast, you see the wind and weather forecast from 7 to 21 o'clock local time, but this can be expanded with clicking on the "Show night hours" button.
We are already planning to add new features to the forecast:
- New and even more detailed maps, e.g. for the Baltic Sea
- More forecast spots at popular wind- and kitesurf beaches
- High Resolution Forecast for Northern America
- Even higher resolution weather models
- Integration into WindSMS and Sailing Weather SMS
- Integration into http://www.windfinder.mobi, our website for mobile devices.
At the moment, the superforecast is tested and may still contain bugs or be inaccurate. If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to send a mail to email@example.com or just reply to this thread. We are happy to receive feedback from you!
And of course, this new feature is for free!