Torch 08 12m airtime

Forum for kitesurfers
machista87
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Torch 08 12m airtime

Postby machista87 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm about to by one but i'm not sure on one thing, how is the airtime and does it jump high?

jonw179
Medium Poster

Re: Torch 08 12m airtime

Postby jonw179 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 pm

I have an 07 which is effectively the same as the 08 with different graphics and it boosts to the moon, beats my old GK sonic and royal era. It definitely takes a bit more technique than bows/SLEs but when you get it right its fantastic.

powerpersonified
Medium Poster
Style: wake
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby powerpersonified » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:51 pm

The Torch does everything good - The kite boost great and with all the depower you can take it out LOADED and go huge - Jumps like a C cuz it is a C... Rips you off the water - You should consider the 10 over the 12 tho... Just my opinion - The low end is almost the same and the 10 is THE sweet size in the range
NAISH TORCH WINS HANG TIME CONTEST AT 5th STOP OF PKRA WORLD TOUR!
In the second discipline of the competition, Naish International Team Riders Kevin Langeree (PKRA freestyle world-#2) and Rui Meira battled it out for the victory in the Hang Time event in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.

Kevin, who was 3rd in the freestyle event the day before, won the contest on a Naish Torch 10m kite with a best jump of 7.48 seconds. Rui came is 2nd with a best jump of 7.49 seconds, but was second due to Kevin having more jumps for a longer time than Rui.

Kevin and Rui, both on Torches, bested the rest of the filed, bow and c-shape kite alike, proving that the Torch is the ultimate combination of ease, performance, and jumping ability.

Jalou Langeree was 2nd in the women's hang time with a Naish Torch as well.

For more info about the new 2007 Torch, go to http://www.naishkites.com.

Congratulations Kevin, Rui, and Jalou!

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:41 am

Must say the hangtime on my Torch 3s (and 8M T4) is phenominal, I used to ride Waroos and have no problem getting the same hangtime, I'm learning one footed jumps/boardoffs and there's easily enough hangtime to make the move easier.

I think you get better hangtime because there is a technique to it, on the Waroos I just moved the kite a bit, edge and sheeted in, on my Torches I send it back whilst edging to past 12, then release my edge and steer the kite straight up giving extra lift

Chuck a loop in on the way down or some serious redirection and you can get mega hangtime

For me the 12 is the best size (have 8, 10, 12 and 14 :D ) but thats maybe because I'm a fat lad @ 13.5 stone

Jay

Return to “Kitesurfing”