Naish Sigma vs. Bow shape

forum for kitesurfers

RazerBoy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Sigma vs. Bow shape

Postby RazerBoy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 am

How does the Naish Sigma shape compare to a bow kite shape, performance and stability wise?

Thanks
RB

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Sigma vs. Bow shape

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 am

You're gonna get a lot of different and emotional answers on this one. I think both shapes are pretty stable...bow's have evolved since they started out.

I ride the sigma shapes, and am very happy with both performance and stability. I felt the steering was more direct much less delay than what I experienced on bows...

The stability of the sigma kites are really good. They will be stable even in extremely gusty and squally conditions and they can handle a lot of wind.

That said I guess bow kites are different too, and I have not tried them all, and they have different qualities just like the Cult is different from the Helix..

The best thing you can do though...is to try out for your self..if you have the opportunity.

a.

Windfreeeek
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Naish Sigma vs. Bow shape

Postby Windfreeeek » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 am

Do yourself a favour and check out the Naish Website :: www.naishkites.com :: Read or listen to the section on SIGMA and GEOTECH.

Stability of the SIGMA range of kites is incredible with massive rideable wind range and control.
This year's latest offering further the performance of the kites and continue the development f Geotech and Sigma - a Naish design.
Cheers

Rob

Return to “Kitesurfing”