Caution Mayhem

forum for kitesurfers

Ted Shred
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Brand Affiliation: None

Caution Mayhem

Postby Ted Shred » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 am

Has anyone any info on the 09 Mayhems yet. In the market for 2 new kites and the Mayhem 08 seemed to be a fantastic kite so a few 09 tweaks should see it performing even better. Not heard too much from the Caution camp so any news out there.

Ted

Bayzel
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: KB
Favorite Beaches: KB ))))
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: Caution, RRD, Mystic, Royal

Re: Caution Mayhem

Postby Bayzel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:35 am

+1
Mayhem is splendid kite.
Simple, quick, friendly :thumb:

But Caution little speak of its work.

Ted Shred
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2

Postby Ted Shred » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am

Yeah heard good things about the 08 Mayhem and just wondered what was in store for 09 and when. Quite a few companies releasing 09 gear now so didn't want to buy a 08 when the 09's are just around the corner. Yes I would agree the Scheible brother are quiet and zero pimping.

Ted

alefevre1999
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Cape Cod

Postby alefevre1999 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 am

I was out at Waddell Creek in July. I saw Peter working hard out testing kites as usual. I couldn't see any obvious differences in the off the shelf 2008 Mayhem and the kites he was testing. I'm sure they will be great. But it is hard to turn down 300.00 - 400.00$ off the 2008 if your send them any old kite. Go to www.cautionkites.com and checkout the recycle your kite discount offer.

I have tried the Mayhem a few times. I found it to have very predictable turning characteristics and a large sweet spot that makes fidgeting with depower strap unnecessary and allows for a short throw. This allows you to fly the kite very aggressively without worrying about the kite overpowering you. This is why it is good in the waves. It is also a great kite for jumping. I found my smooth landing to Kamikaze crash ratio increased dramatically with the Mayhem without sacrificing height or loft.

Return to “Kitesurfing”