Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

tarifa in October

forum for kitesurfers


dericcio2
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

tarifa in October

Postby dericcio2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 am

I have already read much post about and I have understood that when Levante blow it's too strong for me.I am 83kg and a ihave a quiver 11-13mq waroo, with 11 I can ride from 12 to 30knot gust perhaps 32 but not anymore. I will travel from cadiz to tarifa hoping to kitesurfing in the entire Atlantic costs and I will stay about 8 days. I would like to understand:
-how much days can levante blow
-can I find spot with slower Levante if levante it's too strong
-in any case can I rent a 7 meter kite? where?How much does it cost?
I am afraid of finding too much wind that I have to stay on the beach!!!
Otherwise I have to change kitetrip!!

User avatar
panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2704
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tarifa / Got 2 Ovandos and a Ripper

Re: tarifa in October

Postby panchito » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:07 am

dericcio2 wrote:I have already read much post about and I have understood that when Levante blow it's too strong for me.I am 83kg and a ihave a quiver 11-13mq waroo, with 11 I can ride from 12 to 30knot gust perhaps 32 but not anymore. I will travel from cadiz to tarifa hoping to kitesurfing in the entire Atlantic costs and I will stay about 8 days. I would like to understand:
-how much days can levante blow
You never know ....50%
-can I find spot with slower Levante if levante it's too strong
Yes , Caños de Meca , Palmones or Sotogrande
-in any case can I rent a 7 meter kite? where?How much does it cost?
Yes , http://www.ktstarifa.com/home.html , have no idea better you ask
I am afraid of finding too much wind that I have to stay on the beach!!!
I don´t think so ....as said .... there are other spots to choose ( no more banned beaches from Mid Sept )
Otherwise I have to change kitetrip!!

And miss our world famous night life ?

Have fun

Saludos


Franz

dericcio2
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Re: tarifa in October

Postby dericcio2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 am

very good!!
but you sponsor Tarifa!!! :D
I need further few tips:
-what wetsuit for Ocean? to kitesurf and only to swim for my girlfriend (in Algarve I found very cold water I have need a long wetsuit 4/3)
-from Cadiz to Bolomia it is easy to find a cheap accomodation in little typisch village? I would like to know Andalusian life and not only Tarifa night life!!;)

User avatar
panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2704
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tarifa / Got 2 Ovandos and a Ripper

Re: tarifa in October

Postby panchito » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:47 pm

dericcio2 wrote:very good!!
but you sponsor Tarifa!!! :D
I don´t even live there ..... I just go to kite
I need further few tips:
-what wetsuit for Ocean? to kitesurf and only to swim for my girlfriend (in Algarve I found very cold water I have need a long wetsuit 4/3)
Most people still use shorties during that time , Algavre is Atlantic Ocean pure and we are still half Mediteranean so water is always warmer
-from Cadiz to Bolomia it is easy to find a cheap accomodation in little typisch village? I would like to know Andalusian life and not only Tarifa night life!!;)
SO you want easy going ? as said I´m not a Tarifa local but you can try this : http://www.costasur.com/pt/index.html but


Saludos


Franz

Melinero
Rare Poster
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:34 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Russia

Re: tarifa in October

Postby Melinero » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been to Tarifa in October 3 times, in 2005,2006 and 2007.
You can always find wind there. Last October ( and I stayed for three weeks) it was 3 days with no wind, 3 days of sweet Poniente (14-16 knts) and the rest is moderate Levante. Only twice I had to move to Canos de Meca with my smallest Cab SB 7 m. The most used kite was cabrinha Xbow 12 m. And I'm 85 kgs. When Levante is too fuerte some people prefer going to Palmones or Getares, but you can hardly find enough wind there even if it blowing 35+ knts in Tarifa. So I would recomend you see Canos de Meca. The wind there is 5-10 knts less than at Valdevaqueros beach in Tarifa.
Also your 9 m kite is o'k for Canos de Meca.
As for wetsuit - some use short neopren, but it's getting chilly by evening time, and in my opinion this is best time to ride as Levante getting more steady and turning a little side-onshore (It concerns Valdevaqueros). So 3/4 mm long legs and sleeves would be better.
You can always find cheap accomodation in Canos, Bolonia or Tarifa in October.
Look here -
tarifa.costasur.com/ru/index.html
www.tarifa.net
www.gotarifa.com
www.nuimba.com
Sorry for my english..

dericcio2
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Re: tarifa in October

Postby dericcio2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 pm

mucho klaro!! your english is good enough!!!
Unbelievable no wind in Tarifa!!! I hope there is a bodyboard rental just for fun!!!

Melinero wrote:I've been to Tarifa in October 3 times, in 2005,2006 and 2007.
You can always find wind there. Last October ( and I stayed for three weeks) it was 3 days with no wind, 3 days of sweet Poniente (14-16 knts) and the rest is moderate Levante. Only twice I had to move to Canos de Meca with my smallest Cab SB 7 m. The most used kite was cabrinha Xbow 12 m. And I'm 85 kgs. When Levante is too fuerte some people prefer going to Palmones or Getares, but you can hardly find enough wind there even if it blowing 35+ knts in Tarifa. So I would recomend you see Canos de Meca. The wind there is 5-10 knts less than at Valdevaqueros beach in Tarifa.
Also your 9 m kite is o'k for Canos de Meca.
As for wetsuit - some use short neopren, but it's getting chilly by evening time, and in my opinion this is best time to ride as Levante getting more steady and turning a little side-onshore (It concerns Valdevaqueros). So 3/4 mm long legs and sleeves would be better.
You can always find cheap accomodation in Canos, Bolonia or Tarifa in October.
Look here -
tarifa.costasur.com/ru/index.html
www.tarifa.net
www.gotarifa.com
www.nuimba.com
Sorry for my english..

bartofslaves
Rare Poster
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: tarifa in October

Postby bartofslaves » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:55 pm

so, having 9 and 13 xbow ids ill be riding like 20 days of my 25 day trip to Tarifa in October not really moving to other spots ? Do I really need a car? Im going single on this trip and renting a car is really gonna fuck up my budget :)

Melinero
Rare Poster
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:34 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Russia

Re: tarifa in October

Postby Melinero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

bartofslaves,
Yes, you will.
I had 12 m xbow2, 10 m SB2 and 7 m SB1, a custom board 132X39, i weight 85 kg and have kited for 3 years. 7 m SB1 was never used in Tarifa. The reason is If Levante is too strong it's too gusty and 5-8 locals can hardly be seen on Valdevaqueros with 5-7 m kites. All others (not so crazy) go to Canos de Meca or somewhere else. The beginners prefer beer. My first visit in October of 2005 I did the same. I could not even imagine myself kiting in Canos de Meca. It was for experts.
With a car you can reach more spots. There is no public transport exept long-distance buses in Tarifa district.
So staying for instance in Jardin de las Dunas camping you can kite there, and it's nice for Levante, but absolutly useful for Poniente. With Poniente a drive to Playa de Los Lances, 8 or so km towards Tarifa must be done.
The main rule is one must drive to the spot where the most of kiter are. Or ask somebody in one of kiteshops.
But even if you have no car - you will be never left without help. There are always some room in a car for alone kiter. I was helped and helped others a lot . It's quite common in Tarifa.

dericcio2
Rare Poster
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Re: tarifa in October

Postby dericcio2 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:59 pm

That sounds really good!
But what do you mena for experts in Canos de Meca?
for example, for expert I mean:
from 30 knots, C kite, 2-2,5 meter waves

for intermediate with a lot of fun I mean:
to 25 knots, hybrid kite, 1,5 meter waves

Melinero wrote:bartofslaves,
Yes, you will.
I had 12 m xbow2, 10 m SB2 and 7 m SB1, a custom board 132X39, i weight 85 kg and have kited for 3 years. 7 m SB1 was never used in Tarifa. The reason is If Levante is too strong it's too gusty and 5-8 locals can hardly be seen on Valdevaqueros with 5-7 m kites. All others (not so crazy) go to Canos de Meca or somewhere else. The beginners prefer beer. My first visit in October of 2005 I did the same. I could not even imagine myself kiting in Canos de Meca. It was for experts.
With a car you can reach more spots. There is no public transport exept long-distance buses in Tarifa district.
So staying for instance in Jardin de las Dunas camping you can kite there, and it's nice for Levante, but absolutly useful for Poniente. With Poniente a drive to Playa de Los Lances, 8 or so km towards Tarifa must be done.
The main rule is one must drive to the spot where the most of kiter are. Or ask somebody in one of kiteshops.
But even if you have no car - you will be never left without help. There are always some room in a car for alone kiter. I was helped and helped others a lot . It's quite common in Tarifa.

User avatar
panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2704
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tarifa / Got 2 Ovandos and a Ripper

Re: tarifa in October

Postby panchito » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Melinero wrote: 5-8 locals can hardly be seen on Valdevaqueros with 5-7 m kites. All others (not so crazy) go to Canos de Meca or somewhere else. .

:naughty: yeah .... my 5m kite is always prepared for those " nuclear " days ...

Saludos

Franz


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PissDrunk and 17 guests