Style: wave & freestyle
Gear: f one , cabrinha, slingshot , da kine , mystic
Brand Affiliation: f one

Perch Video Hand Made

Postby islandrideair » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 pm

salvation to all, following a substantive chat forum
Here are the manufacture of video GILET PERCH

:thumb: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/island.family/perche/index.html

note in passing shaving far, the new system fold in 2009, a profile of killer ...... hahahahah!

for I have not against the mark for the piece of aluminum chaise longue "pro model 1968", which is my starting point the idea

next stage, finishing and improvement, leak of the support plate, stainless steel mounting target, reinforcing the area of Gillette (screw), and establishment of a zipper down the vest

a video monitor dry test: "A BALLAD IN BICYCLE" tt a program! http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=IKca4BMngnQ

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Perch Video Hand Made

Postby Wetstuff » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Interesting .. the big problem may be keeping the camera high enough to make a good scene, but also stable enough so the camera does not wave around. I think you need to make a two-into-one rod over the top. You also need a better camera.. The best - very small camera - I have found, so far, is the Flip Mino. It is about 3.3oz/93g.

Jim
wetstuff.com

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Wetstuff » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:41 pm

....big note about the above post: the Flip Mino is not WP. Only the Flip Ultra is available with an optional WP housing. The weight with housing is about 10oz/290g

No decent wind today, so I went over to a waterski club and rigged one of the guys with two cameras. You'll see a second one attached to his leg below the knee, but the one on the chest worked well because it had a better angle ..that is 'till we had a small problem: water in the housing. Ooooops!!

http://wetstuff.com/movie/mike_flip.mov (BEST ..but a big Mac QT file at 62megs)

http://wetstuff.com/movie/mike_flip.mov.ff.avi (Better for PC folks..)

Jim

....I too will make an 'over-the-head'. I will let you know.

islandrideair
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 9
Local Beach: west indies martinika
Favorite Beaches: indian & caraibes ocean

Postby islandrideair » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:24 am

thank's for your idea & experience
i try this morning with my long board strapless , but the camera is too close , it's just ok for see a lot of walking style on a board , like old longboard rider ( i prepare a little video 8) 8)

i want to try with a boom of young wishbone ' windsurfing ) wth a courb on a back of me like the video off hat man with this systheme it's very easy to change a new perche , 1 minute !!

for the moment i try with this oregon ( bad ) camera , but i waiting a pentaxw60 , i just buy it last week

the oregon have all the kit for attaching the cam where you want , but the quality is bad :nono:
this systheme it's just for change the position of cam , for video , on a helmet , perch , ligne off kite , on a board , just for a little sequence on a video !!

thank's , if an auther rider have a picture off your systheme , i' m very interresting to see it
see you
arno

islandrideair
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 9
Local Beach: west indies martinika
Favorite Beaches: indian & caraibes ocean

Postby islandrideair » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 pm