This went up on Luderitz-speed.com last night
Yesterday the LÃ¼deritz Speed Challenge saw Sebastien Cattelan of France become the first human being to sail at more than 50 knots (93kph) â€“ a world record he held for only 24 hours before compatriot Alexandre Caizergues snatched it away with not one but three runs over 50 knots â€“ reaching a top speed of 50.57 knots (93.65kph).
* Alexandre Caizergues (France) â€“ new outright world speed sailing record of 50.57 knots
(F-One, Ouest Provence, Volkswagen Utilitaires, ION, Placide)
* New outright Netherlands speed sailing record: Rolf van der Vlugt 45.99 knots (Airush, Mystic, Protest, TUDelft, X-tremeboards)
* New outright UK speed sailing record: David Williams 44.78 knots
(Best Kiteboarding, Dead Man clothing, KMS)
* New outright France womenâ€™s speed sailing record: Charlotte Consorti 43.53 knots (F-One, Nike, Maui Magic, Baracuda, Weleda)
* New outright Slovenia speed sailing record: Jernej Privsek 41.97 knots
(JÃ¤germeister, Cocta, Kitesfera, Garmin)
* New outright Belgium speed sailing record: Christian Baret 40.87 knots
* New outright Netherlands womenâ€™s speed sailing record: Katja Roose 37.18 knots (Protest, Maui Magic, Airush)
* New UK womenâ€™s kitesurf record: Jemma Grobbelaar 35.61 knots (Flexifoil, Xelerator, Dakine, Arnette, Derevko, Cti, Lizzy, Island Tribe)
These speeds are verified, but are still subject to ratification by the WSSRC.