Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rip in Best 11m Waroo 2008... advise please!

Forum for kitesurfers
marazmas
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shores; Zuma Beach, Leo Carillo Beach, California
Gear: 11m/7m Waroo 08
boards - dimitri pro skywalker, LF competition
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rip in Best 11m Waroo 2008... advise please!

Postby marazmas » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi All,

I just had a tear in my 11m Waroo 2008. It was about 3-4 inches above the trailing edge at the smallest strut on the side towards the center of the kite. It was the shape of the up-side-down “L”, three inches high and an inch wide, sort of tearing into one of the nearby stitches (about an inch and a half). I used the big patch (that came with the kite) from the inside of the kite, and two smaller patches (made from one long narrow original patch, came with the kite too) from the outside. Before applying the patches cleaned the material with the rubbing alcohol, etc. I was wondering if I needed to further do something about this rip and take it to a sails’ shop to get is sewn or patches should hold fine and I need not to worry. Will the kite have the same durability in strong winds in the area of the rip?

Thanks for your thoughts!!!
M>

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: Rip in Best 11m Waroo 2008... advise please!

Postby PAFF » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:19 pm

marazmas wrote:Hi All,

I just had a tear in my 11m Waroo 2008. It was about 3-4 inches above the trailing edge at the smallest strut on the side towards the center of the kite. It was the shape of the up-side-down “L”, three inches high and an inch wide, sort of tearing into one of the nearby stitches (about an inch and a half). I used the big patch (that came with the kite) from the inside of the kite, and two smaller patches (made from one long narrow original patch, came with the kite too) from the outside. Before applying the patches cleaned the material with the rubbing alcohol, etc. I was wondering if I needed to further do something about this rip and take it to a sails’ shop to get is sewn or patches should hold fine and I need not to worry. Will the kite have the same durability in strong winds in the area of the rip?

Thanks for your thoughts!!!
M>
Get it fix`t at a kiterepairshop.. Cost very little, when no LEI/Struts are tear apart.

Kirok
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Lynæs, Denmark
Nivå, Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Gudmindrup, Denmark
Ishøj, Denmark
Hvide Sande, Denmark
Style: Freeride
Gear: Mako Classic, Mako King, Core Fusion 139 cm
Core Free 9M
Core XR6 12
Flysurfer Speed3 21 M

Postby Kirok » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 am

Or take it to a sail repair shop. A job as you describe takes about 5 minutes of their time and the repair is as strong as new.

Kirk

marazmas
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shores; Zuma Beach, Leo Carillo Beach, California
Gear: 11m/7m Waroo 08
boards - dimitri pro skywalker, LF competition
Has thanked: 0

Postby marazmas » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:00 am

Kirk, Paff - Thank you much for your advice!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”