Forum for kitesurfers
mocolombo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

for underground FLX riders

Postby mocolombo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I changed my 04 FLX 132 for the 08 FLX 135 and i am liking it very much. For my weight of 88Kgs, the difference of size is perfect!

But i found that this board is SO skaty, SO slippery when i try to carve hard (in a wave, for example).

So i am planning to change the fins. Did anybody make it? For which size and model?

Regards,

Marcello

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North

Re: for underground FLX riders

Postby ktflyer381 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:41 am

I've had an 08 UG FLX 135 since last July, it's a great board. When I first got on it I had the back end slide out a couple of times doing hard toeside turns. What worked for me was using a bit more pressure with the toes of my back foot on the toeside turns. I haven't had any problems since, I would say that this board likes a bit more rear foot pressure than my last board (instead of just carving on the rails). I'm using the stock fins and won't be changing them.

I think you made a good choice buying this board. The size is perfect, it will get you going in lighter winds with the advantage of actually being fun to ride, unlike some of the barn doors out there. Plus, when the winds are nuking, the size doesn't seem to be an issue.

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby Krazedkiter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 am

FLX 135 rocks! :mosh:

Had mine for a few weeks. Wont get any better fins then what you have.

The first couple of rides it slipped out and I cracked my ass. Never made that mistake again. Dont lean back on it when riding it flat. When planing out stand steady and up until you can put an edge on it. Then, ride it with an edge with more rear foot pressure.

This board just pop off the water. It doesnt stick to it like some boards when you try and boost. This board is so light also and eats up the chop better then anyboard I have ridden. Foot pads suck royal though. Im replacing mine.

twannie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mui ne ,Vietnam. Cadzand bad,Netherlands
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone,Dakine,Axis
Brand Affiliation: Ozone,Axis,Dakine

Postby twannie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:42 am

Try tarifafincompany.com

You can chose the fin you prefer,.. they are nice and feel fast with grip when needed,..
When carving in the waves you just need to play more with your footposition and pressure ,.. heel and toeside .

been riding the combi Underground /Tarifa fins since 2002 ,.. works for me !

Twan

mocolombo
Frequent Poster

Postby mocolombo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks guys! I will try to put more back foot pressure before change the fins!

:thumb:

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North

Postby ktflyer381 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:36 pm

I must admit, the pads and straps do suck. The straps are hard, the pads are slippery to the point my foot was sliding through the footstrap and getting stuck on powered landings. I switched the pads and straps and have had a great ride since.

Play with the rear foot pressure in the turns, I think you'll love the board. For me it never once skidded out on a heelside carve, it was just on hard toeside carves, so I realized it was probably me and made a slight adjustment - no problems after that.

Return to “Kitesurfing”