amnonshlomo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Boxer SLE 15m UsersS Opinion

Postby amnonshlomo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm

HI

i'm new in the kitesurf soprt.
now have f-one M6 16 C-kite,i find it hard to start learning with a C kite for begginer
a naish dealer offer me an upgrade to boxer sle 15m kite
my weight is 95 KG and im useing a 1.50 meter board
wind cond:13-22 knots
is this kite will improve my skilles?
i want to know more about users how use the kite ,not from 2007 reviews

thnx in advance

cometa
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Style: freestyle

Re: NAISH BOXER SLE 15M USER'S OPINION

Postby cometa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:22 pm

I have a 2007 Boxer that was my first kite. The octopus system has a fatal flaw. There is no way to lock off the struts from the leading edge bladder once inflated and there is no one way valve. So if you get a strut bladder leak, or worse, a rupture, then the leading edge tries to re-inflate the strut, stealing pressure from the LE. And down goes your kite. Fortunately this happened to me in shallow water, so I didn't have to swim. I've since switched to Cabrinhas where the struts can be locked off from the LE bladder. Many other kites have this feature. Unless the boxer is one helluva deal, I would stay away from it. I can't say if the later models have this system. Check it out before you buy.

jeff1
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Style: freeride

Postby jeff1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I still have my 15m boxer and i will use it in 10 -15 knots i wont sell it as it is a great light wind kite.Anything above 15 knots and its over powering saying that i use it on the 1 to 1 setting you can change the bar setting to 2/1 and you will have less pressure but i never do it.I have never had a issue with a leak and i have it since the start of 2007.
Im not sure of were you kite or how you have progressed but you should check your spot and see which is the most common size kite around or ask your instructor.I would say a 12/13 m kite would suit better

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi,

Actually the octopus system works very well. The Boxer 07 is very nice kite /I rode it/ and you`ll find it with probably better low end compared to your current kit .
The guy above is complainig about the situation he had /busted strut ??!!/ but nothing about the kite itself..

Regards,
L.

amnonshlomo
Medium Poster

Re: Naish Boxer SLE 15m UsersS Opinion

Postby amnonshlomo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:24 pm

if i swice to the boxer,as a beginer will it improve my kite skills?
,i dont know should i continue learing with me M6 16 C-kite?

Bravo2043
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Bravo2043 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:02 pm

I have a 07 Boxer 15 what can I say, I love it. On the second or third outing with it, it went soft and I thought I had a problem, the problem was I didn't have the exhaust valve fully sealed, since then no problem. The kite is stable and forgiving, sometimes I wish I could get it to turn faster, but the other side of that is, it NEVER surprises me by doing something stupid. It launches easy, lands easy, and when you want it to can make a TON of power. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the way the leash connected to one of the power lines, it made it so you couldn't spin the bar. I changed that and I think we are good now.

The kite is pretty tame when the bar is setup 2:1. Tons of de-power, good steering, and all that, but the bar is going to work you a bit. When you change to 1:1 it's a whole new kite, it is always in the power zone, feather light bar, almost too light. I have only flown it once in 1:1, but I think that is the way to go once you figure it out.

I am still learning too.

Bravo2043
Rare Poster

Postby Bravo2043 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm

One more thing about an 07 Boxer

I love mine, I am never going to part with it, I'll fly it until I can't or it explodes, but if I were buying it today, it's an 07, it's worth 1/2 what it was in 07 if it's still in New Condition.

Shop around, fly kites, pick the one you like.

Cheers!

mrivers
Rare Poster

Postby mrivers » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:57 pm

I upgraded my kites in 07 to all boxers. I have the 15, 12, and 6 m. I got the 9 m Shockwave as well which is simliar to the Boxer but has 7 struts instead of the 5 the boxer has. I love these kites. I initially rode them with a 2:1 set-up which had fairly heavy bar pressure but great depower. I then switched this summer (08) to the 1:1 configuration and much prefer this. I upgraded my 07 bars to the new smart loop which is the only way to go (for Naish kites). I am about 200 lbs and ride the 15 m in about 24 kms/h (10-11 knots??) and up to 40 kms/h (gusts). The 15m is a big kite and I sometimes wonder if I could get by on a smaller kite. A 13m might cover me for both the 15 and the 12. You might also want to consider the 08 Cult as an option. They have the new Smartloop bar and there are some great deals out there now on new kites (Check out Real Kiteboards as an example which is where I bought my kites).

Regarding the Octopus system, it is sometimes a bit of a bummer that the struts cannot be sealed off. Especially if you want to leave them inflated when you store your kite. However I think that this is also a bit of a safety system as a pressure distrbution system when you crash your kite. The pressure is distributed through-out the entire kite helping to prevent burst bladders. I have crashed most my kites, sometimes very hard, and had no problems with the bladders.

Hope this helps.

Mark

amnonshlomo
Medium Poster

Postby amnonshlomo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:56 pm

hi
i want to summer the post
i'm learing to waterstart
my main question is if i buy the kite will it improve my skilles as a beginner
and my capability,as for now the c kite is produce a lot of power
,if you say that there is no major change between the kite's
i continue to learn with th c kite

above all
thank you all for you answers !!

Amnon

lsimoes
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Murtosa, Lagoa albufeira
Favorite Beaches: cuba, cabaret, anything that have wind
Style: free
Gear: naish boxer

Postby lsimoes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Hello:

The Boxer SLE 07 will improve a lot your learning.
I had the old C-Kite Boxer, 16 and 10, when i bought the SLE it improve my riding, down um upwind and start to jump, easely,.
So i recomend you change.
Changing to 15, i can´t comment, i don´t know the conditions that you ride, but i think it will limit your use because the wind range of it.
I weight 85kg and i ride 12m, from 12,13 knots until 20 knots. when the wind blows above 15 knots i prefer to ride a 9m.
Has someone said before, ask arround some kitters from your local area about the best size for you.

Bye
Lsimoes

Return to “Kitesurfing”