Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Thanks for the help - went upwind today

forum for kitesurfers

Eardleyf1
Rare Poster

Thanks for the help - went upwind today

Postby Eardleyf1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 am

I just recently posted a thread about some trouble I was having flying my 13m waroo in light winds. I got a lot of help from you guys and I appreciate it.

I was in the same spot today with much better wind, about 16 mph, and I had no trouble flying. I even managed for the first time to go upwind. After a while it was like a light came on and I was able to go upwind with no trouble. What a feeling!

See you out there.

mobettah
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: FB
Favorite Beaches: Cape Haterras
Style: Go Big!
Gear: Naish Boxer II's - C kites baby!
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Thanks for the help - went upwind today

Postby mobettah » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 am

Eardleyf1 wrote:I just recently posted a thread about some trouble I was having flying my 13m waroo in light winds. I got a lot of help from you guys and I appreciate it.

I was in the same spot today with much better wind, about 16 mph, and I had no trouble flying. I even managed for the first time to go upwind. After a while it was like a light came on and I was able to go upwind with no trouble. What a feeling!

See you out there.

We all know the feeling. I still remember fondly the first time I got up on the board and went 500m and went upwind. That's the stoke! Wait till you start busting some jumps and other stuff. It only gets better and better.

hapa13
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Ka'a Point (Kite Beach) Maui
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach (Maui)
Tahiti Beach (Abacos)
3rd Ave. (Nor Cal)
Style: Whatever the conditions warrant

Postby hapa13 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Right On! Stoked for you man!

With all the b.s. that gets thrown around these various forums most of the time, it's so refreshing to here the genuine stoke you're getting from the simple pleasures in life. While it's usually true that as you progress, it starts taking bigger stuff (bigger jumps, bigger waves, more wind, etc) to get that same feeling, there really nothing that beats that feeling of laughter or that huge smile that you can't contain while you're riding because you're just having more fun than should be legal.

Welcome to the world of addictive kiting - it's all over now! :naughty:

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Postby kiter147 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 pm

thats great!!!
yeah i remember my first time going upwind it was with this foil kite and a large surfboard, i felt free in those couple minutes

Return to “Kitesurfing”