PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

News March 2009

Headlines:

· Low wind on Coche
· Back from Venezuela
· Sticked “Kitesurf Season Kick Off”
· Video from Venezuela

In the first week of my stay on Coche I made a short video. The conditions on Coche where not as they should have been, a couple of days with rain and sometimes no wind at all. Normally it is windy in the morning for 12m, in the afternoon for 7m and no rain during the day. This year we only had pretty gusty and light wind for only 3 hours a day.

Wednesday evening the first of April I arrived in Holland after five weeks Venezuela. Even because the wind was not that good, I had a pretty good time on Coche. Hopefully it was just a bad season and is the wind back again next year.

Last weekend (4 & 5 April) there was a competition, called Sticked “Kitesurf Season Kick Off”, on my homespot Mirns. On the first day of the event we got some unexpected wind and they run the planned disciplines. There where three different disciplines Wonder of Sticked, Girls Only and the Pro Contest. The cool thing of the contests was that every heat got judges by four riders of the other heat, the competitors where judging each other on their level.

I competed in the Pro Contest, for this discipline they invited a couple of sponsored riders and the level was pretty high. In spite of that I returned exactly from Venezuela it went pretty well. In the final I was competing with three other guys (one Belgium, one German and another Dutchie) for the title of the Pro Contest. I ended up at a third place, I’m pretty happy with my result, Youri Zoon (Netherlands) got first and Stefan Permien (Germany) got second. Sunday we had no wind at all so after the price giving the competition got canceled.

Today my new video from Venezuela will be online. Enjoy watching!

Greets Bas Koole

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]