Local Beach: tarifa las dunas
Style: smooth
Gear: Yarga 2007 9 & 13m

LF element 128/40.5
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha Sync???

Postby gwechall » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi guys!
wanted to know what the cab sync users think about this pad/strap?
i'm looking for a pads/strap witch mix confort and sticky to tha board!
but i saw in few forums that they hurt the feet because they are pretty stiff :roll:
does it change after few ride or it s still the same?
Thx for the ansewers :jump:

kitepower
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone, Axis and Delta Designs surfboards
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Re: Cabriñha Sync???

Postby kitepower » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:52 am

gwechall wrote:Hi guys!
wanted to know what the cab sync users think about this pad/strap?
i'm looking for a pads/strap witch mix confort and sticky to tha board!
but i saw in few forums that they hurt the feet because they are pretty stiff :roll:
does it change after few ride or it s still the same?
Thx for the ansewers :jump:

The people who say they hurt are doing them up too tight, which makes too much pressure on the top of the foot.
They must be work semi loose, for optimum comfort.
Even semi loose, they still feel a lot more snug and secure than any other wide body strap on any other board I've ever tried, I fit them to all my own personal boards, which include a Nobile 666 1.34x42, Underground Zephyr 1.44x46, and Cabrinha Caliber 1.33

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

harviento
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Cabrinha Sync???

Postby harviento » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 pm

They feel good and snug once adjusted. But I am disappointed with the ease of adjustment. Takes a little work to get the fit right as the front and rear of the strap are separately adjusted. The front always needs some extra coaxing to get the laces to move. And if you don't get it set before you leave the beach, you will never be able to adjust these with one hand when you're on the water.

Cab Driver
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby Cab Driver » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Harviento, thanks for your feedback. You are 100% correct. The Syncs are like bindings from several regards including the way you fit them, the dependability of your feet staying in the them, and the comfort. The Sync concept started as a mission to engineer something that actually felt comfy, adjusted to the different curves of different riders' feet, and delivered with performance. They were never designed to just grab the middle part of the lace and yank, so each part of the lace should be adjusted independently before getting on the water so that the upper pad conforms to your foot. Most riders notice that the Syncs end up grabbing your foot from the sides rather than from one little point on top of the foot. They don't have to be tight to work very well.

m_glover
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Pensacola Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Boards: 5'3" and 5'8" Underground Kipuna Freewaves, Underground Fish, Airush Sector 52

Kites: Airush Ones, Airush Lithiums
Brand Affiliation: kiteboardcafe.com
Underground and Airush Dealer

Postby m_glover » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:23 am

Got them for Christmas, love them with booties and barefoot. I would recommend these for women as well as men. (I know women are always having a hard time finding straps that fit) Yes, they should be adjusted before leaving the beach. I adjust, tie them off, and tuck the extra bit in. Othewise, it never fails that the extra lace will loop around one of my toes and annoy the stew out of me.

Meagan

GhostDog
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Charleston South Carolina, USA
Favorite Beaches: Station 28, Sullivan's Island South Carolina. Katama Bay and Cape Pogue, Martha's Vineyard.
Style: Freeride, FreeStyle, some wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi, 8,10, 12
Underground FLX 135 x 41
OR Mako Wide

Postby GhostDog » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 am

I tried them on in a store and they felt fantastic. I'm looking at them in part because my friend recently was out 6+ months with a 'lis franc fracture' which is a really serious foot fracture that happens most often when people fall off a horse and their foot gets stuck in the styrup. Some people never can walk without pain again, my buddy was lucky and had a minor one. It happend on a soft wipeout, nothing spectacular, just twisted his foot in the wrong way.

I mention the fracture because I highly recommend that you get used to riding with really loose straps, the board doesn't need to be so tight that you lose circulation. You are risking one of these injuries if you ride with a standard strap cranked down really tight.

The sync in the store, felt really comfy and also felt as though it would be really effective if left really loose. So I wouldn't worry about how easy they are to adjust. Just get them where you like them and you never need to worry about them again.

I can't wait to try mine, I think they are the ticket ..

Fassn8
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave

Postby Fassn8 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 am

I've posted a few times about the sync bindings, but here goes again.

I find them to be very comfortable and overall I'm very happy with them. The first time I tried them out I definitely over tightened them (to the point that my arches were hurting). But like cabdriver said, you really don't need to tighten too much. The contoured footbeds and long straps/pad provide a nice solid feel. They do soften up a bit after a few sessions. As straps go, I find them to be great.

Return to “Kitesurfing”