Ozone Water & Snow
Spleene
Aboards
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Kitewing
Waveboard
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Flysurfer Speed Deluxe Edition 2.5 vid of Kite and Lightwind

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun May 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Flysurfer 2009 Speed 2.5 Deluxe Edition with FDS & Infinity Bar Custom Color Gold.
Getting a ride in on a Light sub 10kt day. Later went for a 2.5k upwinder, speed run down.
One of those sweet sunny days I just didn't want to pass up. Show a bit of riding.

Got a rare powered on a 2009 Ozone Instinct Sport 9m and kiteloops the other day.
We get so many light wind days I just don't want to pass up.

Vid shows Deluxe 19m Bag, Kite, Infinity Bar and Accessories of the 19m.
Also Spleene Funtech Rip 135x46 and Fun tech Door 160x44.

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Speed Deluxe Edition 2.5 vid of Kite and Lightwind

Postby Krazedkiter » Sun May 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Now this will be my second summer of kiteboarding here in South Florida. Well, let me re-phrase that. This wil be my second summer as a kiteboarder as there is no kiteboarding in summer here in South Florida.

It's too depressing to think about. So I was looking into some light wind options. Forget the bigger board combo with a good 14 meter. South Florida summers squash that combo like a roach. This calls for some serious light wind arsenal.

My concerns on my options. First, isnt that a $3000 kite I just watched? For something that has no inflatable edge, no bladders, etc, where does the cost go? Im not bashing, it's just I dont understand the expense and I really want a lightwind option like this.

Second, My 14 meter will not launch in light wind off the water and more so in deep water. In sub 10 knots, how can this 19 meter monster launch not only from shallow water, but from deep water? What will prevent it from filing with water and sinking?

I have to find something soon as summer is setting in. Thanks for your input.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm

paragliders r expensive and they don t have bladders, inflatable leading edge and so on.
the cost is in the material ( much more surface than a LEI), and the bridles, webbing need to be very precise, the wing design and all the little details that prevent the kite to be damaged by things and else...
look at the peter lynn kites, no bridles , more basic design and like 30% less expensive than the flysurfer kites.

relaunch:
a 15 SA speed² has pretty much the weight of a 10/11 LEI but with the projected area of a 15/16 LEI. the LE is not stuck with the water like a LEI , it just float over it, u don t have the "stuck" behaviour. my stock 15 in 7 knots is a bit hard to relaunch when it s wet tho...i d have way less trouble with a SA version but it cost €€€
i tested a bunch of "light wind" LEI back to back with my regular speed² to see their relaunch effectiveness.... they suck....can t match by far (may be the new zeeko LW kite with it s specified relaunch feature, have to test it one day)

for me ( regular speed² 15, not the SA)
-6 knots: i need to be in shallow water to relaunch it (and it s the limit for the regular speed, it will have a hard time to stay at the zenith, it will slowly backstall to the ground)
-7 knots: i can relaunch it easely in shallow water and a bit harder in deep water (still work tho)
-8 knots: not a problem at all in deep water

valves prevent water from getting inside because the inside pressure is more important (take an empty bottle and put the open side down in the swimming pool, do the bottle fill in? )but if the kite has its LE down on the water and u pull the front lines, u will force the water to get in the kite ( Never, never do that), the kite will never sink, in the worse worst case, it could be filled of water and that s all. same density, it will stay at the surface filled ( just a pain to drag out of the water in that case lol)

as for the price: a stock version is less expensive, and almost as efficient. the speed3 is on its way so in the next few monthes , u might find some second hand speed².if u r under 75kg , a 15 is way enough...19 is for the heavy guys...

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: New School
Gear: Flysurfer
Ozone Water & Snow
Spleene
Aboards
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Kitewing
Waveboard
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 pm

A 15 is great but won't pull like a 19m... I'm only 150lbs... If you want to go low... I would be able to stay upwind of someone my weight on a 15m... but sure heavier guys especially 19m..

Used to fly 19.5m and 22.5m Inflatable and dropped them all the time and way to heavy to get back up... so now this is the ticket. The only thing to cope with summer and not drive all over the place...

You can relaunch it in very light winds but thing is it stays up in 3mph lulls, Inflatables drop in 8...
See the real deal...

Regular Version 19m Speed still pulls the same just a bit heavier.
$2474.95Cad about $2103.71us for what it does good to compare to prices of other high end kites.. but this kite there is no competition...

It it works for you let us know...

Jason 185lbs Door 164...

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Mon May 11, 2009 1:06 am

Krazedkiter wrote:Now this will be my second summer of kiteboarding here in South Florida. Well, let me re-phrase that. This wil be my second summer as a kiteboarder as there is no kiteboarding in summer here in South Florida.

It's too depressing to think about. So I was looking into some light wind options. Forget the bigger board combo with a good 14 meter. South Florida summers squash that combo like a roach. This calls for some serious light wind arsenal.

My concerns on my options. First, isnt that a $3000 kite I just watched? For something that has no inflatable edge, no bladders, etc, where does the cost go? Im not bashing, it's just I dont understand the expense and I really want a lightwind option like this.

Second, My 14 meter will not launch in light wind off the water and more so in deep water. In sub 10 knots, how can this 19 meter monster launch not only from shallow water, but from deep water? What will prevent it from filing with water and sinking?

If you're back again to Matheson ask riders around how many times they saw me,
not to be able to relaunch my 15m Speed2 when the kite is in the soup in light winds.
Also I could give you my 15m for a test ride if you're around again.
I think the new Speed3 Silver Arrow vesrsion in August
will be a light wind killer, which I'm waiting for.

By the way last Wednesday picked up to 18 mph + after 6:30 pm
and today was all afternoon 13 -15 mph wich I'm glad
with only few people around.

DrLW

seanflex
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2
Style: free
Gear: flysurfer outlaw 10m, ozone acces

Postby seanflex » Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 am

Krazedkiter wrote:Now this will be my second summer of kiteboarding here in South Florida. Well, let me re-phrase that. This wil be my second summer as a kiteboarder as there is no kiteboarding in summer here in South Florida.

the 19m is a must have, if you are sirous about kiting. the new speed 3 will be out this sumer so there will be some used speed 2 for sale , but you will have to quick for they will sell fast.

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Mon May 11, 2009 3:08 am

Gold kite and bar? Thats what snoop dog is going to ride if he ever kiteboards!

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: New School
Gear: Flysurfer
Ozone Water & Snow
Spleene
Aboards
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Kitewing
Waveboard
Seaspecs

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon May 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Speed 2 is thinner .24 Skytex Fabric, FDS was optional cost and with older bar.
Speed 2.5 has the .27 Skytex Fabric, FDS was optional cost and with older bar.
Speed 2.5 Deluxe Edition is .27 with black bag FDS Installed including infinity bar.

I learned about Flysurfer on KiteForum... changed my summer kiting for life!
Pass it on...

Have a blast!

Last Season Vid

Silver Arrow 19m Menu: PBKiteboarding
0:58 IK Graph below 10mph
0:59 Silver Arrow on the Beach
1:09 Spleene Boards 159cm 139cm
1:13 SA2 Flying Ready to go
1:27 Like when I used to fly my 19-22.5 LEI
1:43 Kiteloop the 19m
1:48 Into Lifeguard Cove
2:24 Victoria Park Pumping Station View
2:37 Downwind Speed Run shows Power
2:46 Downloop 19m
3:34 Landing in Sunset. Great evening ride
Last edited by PBKiteboarding on Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

i prefer the black edition lol
the PBK one is too goldish :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”