Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

09 Nemesis, what ABC setting for best upwind?

forum for kitesurfers

alden
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks, NC
Cape Cod
Style: water, snow, land
Brand Affiliation: None

09 Nemesis, what ABC setting for best upwind?

Postby alden » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Just bought a pair of 09 Nemesis 10m and 14m. Does the A-B-C setting effect the up-wind ability? What setting is best for up-wind? What setting do the course racers use?

My first session I flew both kites on the same day. Wind was underpowered for the 10m but I tried it anyway. I had much trouble getting my non-Best bar (Eclipse morph bar) sorted out for proper back line tension. The kite was oversheeting and stalling at normal bar positon and I was loosing ground big time. After using large amount of trim strap to prevent oversheeting, the 10m finally brought me back up wind with careful sining and board pressure through heavy chop back to my launch point. heewww! It was set on AB.

The 14m was well powered and went up wind well. It was on AA setting. But when I looked up at the 14m on AA setting I saw some hooking of the wing tips which may be good for turning speed but may not be best for efficiency and drag for best upwind? I'm intermediate rider 185 lbs (84kg).

enzo
Medium Poster

Re: 09 Nemesis, what ABC setting for best upwind?

Postby enzo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 pm

AA

besttaste
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: pull power foreward
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 09 Nemesis, what ABC setting for best upwind?

Postby besttaste » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 am

It doesn't only depend on the rear line setting but also on your skills!

A 14m definitely on a 55cm bar and try different options. From AA to AC you will experience more park&ride. Practise your board skills and flying technique and you will going upwind faster than anyone else ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”