Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Volare - The Movie

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 pm

VOLARE - The Movie

VOLARE is finally finished! [`Volare` is the Latin and Italian word for the verb `to fly`; adding an acute accent on the final `e` (volaré) it is also the Spanish word for `I will fly`]

Late 2009 Flysurfer teamrider Gunnar Biniasch, Flyboards shaper and Flysurfer rider Eddy Lansink travelled to Brazil with a vision in mind, to create a video about flying and riding their own style in kiteboarding, during this project Toby Brauer, the founder of kiteforum.com joined them in their quest to create an old-school kiteboarding movie which will be remembered.

Riders: Eddy Lansink, Gunnar Biniasch, Toby Brauer
Material: Flyboards 2010 & Flysurfer Psycho4 & Speed3

Download the video in 720p HD from our gallery (right click - save target as)

Or check out the video online on Vimeo:

RDM
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Volare - The Movie

Postby RDM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 pm

The Eddy Lansink section at the end was superb....

Burness
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Burness » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow! This is the sort of movie that got me interested in kiting 10 years ago. Big controlled airs are far more impressive to watch than the very difficult and technical handlepass combinations.

Really enjoyed it!

Brad

crash&burn
Frequent Poster

Postby crash&burn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 pm

I am gonna have to disagree with you. Any jump that you can take both of your hands off and do whatever that shit is not impressive. Why not tie a rope to a tree and dangle from that till your hearts content.

"Big controlled airs are far more impressive to watch than the very difficult and technical handle pass combinations." yeah, maybe people like you with no balls like that crap but for the rest of us don't want to be confused with gay circus acrobats .

also if Big Air is your thing than big kites aren't gonna do it for you, 7m and 35-40 knots are big air conditions not that pussy crap.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 pm

crash&burn wrote:I am gonna have to disagree with you. Any jump that you can take both of your hands off and do whatever that shit is not impressive. Why not tie a rope to a tree and dangle from that till your hearts content.

"Big controlled airs are far more impressive to watch than the very difficult and technical handle pass combinations." yeah, maybe people like you with no balls like that crap but for the rest of us don't want to be confused with gay circus acrobats .

also if Big Air is your thing than big kites aren't gonna do it for you, 7m and 35-40 knots are big air conditions not that pussy crap.

LOL!

rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn

Postby rudeboysaude » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Great video, thanks for sharing it! Looks like you guys had fun and did whatever the hell you felt like which is awesome. Handle pass and loop videos are everywhere, this vid is great.. Good to hear the Dance Hall Crashers as well!

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Hey Toby, when we talked in cumbuco you told me about the shooting sessions - Turned out awesome !
seems the Flysurfer has HUGE airtime.
Really cool vid !

is it porto Azul at the beginning ?

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 am

crash&burn wrote:
I am gonna have to disagree with you. Any jump that you can take both of your hands off and do whatever that shit is not impressive. Why not tie a rope to a tree and dangle from that till your hearts content.

:lol: :lol:

man crash and burn, come on now. I know that 4th grade is not going so good, but just because you find something "gay", does not mean it is or everyone else does. Having said that, it is in my opinion that your comment is ridiculously gay. :thumb:

and I very much liked the movie

STF

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

is it porto Azul at the beginning ?

Cumbuco Guesthouse

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredMurphy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

If you wanted to make something that looked like it was filmed in 2002 then you've pretty much nailed it. Not my thing though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”