Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Balance Onieva Signature 2010 anyone tried it?

forum for kitesurfers

Dub
Medium Poster

Balance Onieva Signature 2010 anyone tried it?

Postby Dub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am

I'm looking to change my board and I was thinking if getting a Balance more then likely the Onieva Signature model.

Anyone tried them? I've been riding Underground FLX for years but I feel like a change. I've no way to demo a Balance so I was relying on others experience.

How do they perform up wind?
What’s the pop like?
Construction quality?

speedyRider
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Balance Onieva Signature 2010 anyone tried it?

Postby speedyRider » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 am

I own balance 133, 2008 model. 2009 is really the same board with different graphics. In my experience its the best board ive ever tried. Not too stiff, but great for freestyle. Excellent pop and planning speed. Construction quality is excellent too. If you buy it its a huge step in terms of performance and quality from your current board. I would get a different set of pads/footstraps, i had the B3 pads and footstraps with them and the board is simply perfect

balance
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby balance » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi!
Thaks for the good words! and the interest in our kiteboards.
Well just to point some questions, i have to say that the shape (outline rocker) of the 09 and 010, and probably the 011 models is almost identical. We have developed this rocker line fine tunning it to the limits, and we did the same for the outline.
We always make minor changes (milimetric) trying to get less or more of this or that trying our ideas.
Shape is directly developed by our team, and when they don´t want to change things... we listen. We do not base our company on marketing but we do in results and excellence in our products and shape (this is what we aim for)
The major change we are into is construction, this has been developed and improbed year after year and we believe we can push it more and more to get the best results. Different material and combinations are made each year and we spend a lot of time testing prototypes. I´m proud to say that untill this day 2010 boards have provide 0 failure. So I´m pretty confident we have a very reliable shape with an outstanding construction. High end boards, form shape performance to core materials.

Regards.

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 pm

ya i can testify to balance construction. i recently picked up the 09 135 from a buddy, and its been more than well used, over sliders, sand, everything. obviously scratched, but this boards not breaking anytime soon, and on the water feels like new.

can't wait to abuse it more this season! props to balance to listening to the riders, and not changing something that works

ElliotDrury
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Botany Bay, NSW, Australia
Taiba, Ceara, Brazil
Oliphant, Ontario, Canada
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Ozone C4
Axis Bootleg
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Axis

Postby ElliotDrury » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 am

Try the Medysky 138 if you get a chance.. its gonna be sickk

exkites
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Favorite Beaches: All if there is wind...
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Slingshot Fuel
board: Balance - Alvaro

Postby exkites » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:18 am

Hi I'm using Onieva 135 for last 6 months, and my opinion they choose right name for company :) that board just perfectly balanced!! I'm working as a kite instructor so I get a chance to try allot of different boards in all conditions. what I can say about Balance: nice pop (not like Lunacy) but really good, board not to stiff perfectly handles chop water, together with LF Luxury pads landing are super soft and how the board holds edge it's just amazing! one bad thing about board: in really choppy water you get allot of spray in your face!! in general I would like to say BIG thanks for Balance team they did grate job!

Return to “Kitesurfing”