Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone experience with F-One Surf SL 6'2"?

forum for kitesurfers

bruno
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Anyone experience with F-One Surf SL 6'2"?

Postby bruno » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:55 pm

I have been riding strapless for a while on my old gun. But at around 2 meters, it is a bit of a "tanker" and the deck has suffered much so it might break soon.

I am looking for a board with some of the same characteristics (light wind weapon, good course stability), but which can be ridden strapped e.g. in onshore conditions. It should also be shorter and snappier and work well with my 12 and 9 m kites. If it would still handle well with a 7m that would be super.

I have tried the new F-one Surf 6'0" and liked it, but wonder if the 6'2" or 6'4" wouldn't be a better option for me, allowing me to take a smaller kite for example. Does anyone have experience with those boards?

I weigh around 85 kg, and kite on the North Sea in mostly side-shore winds and waves from 1 to 3 metres.

Cheers,

Bruno

mariochi
Rare Poster

Re: Anyone experience with F-One Surf SL 6'2"?

Postby mariochi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:01 pm

I have tried F-one surf 6’0 and I like a lot the fluidity and the surf ability. But I noticed that it hasn’t good upwind ability . I mean that is difficult to go upwind when the wind is low or when you are underpowered. What board has best upwind abiolity 5.10 – 6.0 or 6.2 . Let me know, all of you. Bye

J-GAR
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999

Postby J-GAR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 am

I have ridden extensively the F-One Bamboo boards in the 5'2" Fish, 5'6" Signature Series, the 6'0" Surf, and the 6'2" Surf SL and I am 83 Kgs. All great boards with different purposes and riding styles. I believe the 6'2" Surf SL is the one you are looking for. It has good concave in the bottom and good rocker. It goes upwind better than the 6'0" and cuts through choppy water better. I have ridden it with kites from 5m up to 10.5m and in winds from 15mph up to 40mph. It has good low end and also turns very snappy on the waves with a nice smooth bottom turn. It works well in small waves (1m or less) up to bigger waves (3-5m faces). Good durability and construction also.

I ride it mostly strapped, but it works well strapless also. It can also be surfed without a kite.

Hope this helps.

John

bruno
Medium Poster

Postby bruno » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi John and Mariochi,

thanks for your replies. I bought the 6'2 without trying last December, and had a deal that I could swap it for the 6'0 if I didn't like it. I have now had 5 sessions on it and no intention of letting it go.

I've used it in winds ranging from 12 knots with a 12.0 sqm to 25-30 knots with a 9.0. In all conditions the board was excellent. I also believe it goes better upwind than the 6'0.
Strapless is a little harder than on my large gun, as it is a lot more lively.
Straps can be set big enough for my size 47 feet in boots, which is also an important issue.
The board still looks like new and doesn't seem prone to denting.
The only minor criticism that I could have is that the pad was not glued perfectly at all the edges, but that can easily be fixed with a drop of glue.

:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”