Missed the excitement at Naish Beach

forum for kitesurfers

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Brand Affiliation: None

Missed the excitement at Naish Beach

Postby rightguard » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 am

Some douche today was self launching on a crowded beach and got his lines stuck on another kite...
"Yo Bro is that your kite"
"Yeah"
" I thought so, you f*&^^&***&^%^&&**^%$$%"

so it goes on and on the whole time this guy was singing a nice little song " go home you fu%$^% go home."

Unfortunately I missed it, but the wife thought it was embarrassing. Did anyone else see our friendly local?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Missed the excitement at Naish Beach

Postby tautologies » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 am

rightguard wrote:Some douche today was self launching on a crowded beach and got his lines stuck on another kite...
"Yo Bro is that your kite"
"Yeah"
" I thought so, you f*&^^&***&^%^&&**^%$$%"

so it goes on and on the whole time this guy was singing a nice little song " go home you fu%$^% go home."

Unfortunately I missed it, but the wife thought it was embarrassing. Did anyone else see our friendly local?

really? That sounds so out of the norm for that beach. I've met nothing but nice people there. Too bad :-(

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:07 am

That Pierre guy gets around, huh?

yomotha
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: Whatever I feel like for the day
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby yomotha » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 am

Guess I should have gone out riding today and caught a show at the same time. :P

esg
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Maui
Gear: North rebel, Best Waroo, Naish twin-tip

Postby esg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 am

I wasn't there that particular day, but the last two times I've been to Kanaha, it was sickeningly crowded. And that wasn't even on a weekend or holiday. People were double-parked in the parking lot and the beach was littered with kites and lines. An altercation was and I'm sure still bound to happen. People, if you're not actively kiting, please move your F*ing shit off the beach in order to make room for those that are launching and landing. When you find out more details about that drama, be sure to post them.

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009

Postby rightguard » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:00 pm

It's strange how busy it's been the last two months. If your not there before 11 your parking on the road, and launching between 5 other kites. I don't know where else people can put their kites... it's a small beach. We should make a launch and land area that is only used for active riding. Maybe we will have to come up with all sorts of rules like you see at other beaches.

The thing I really dislike is people that ride all the way into the beach and pull a trick right in front of the launch area. If the area is totally clear than I guess that's cool. Although most of the time there are lessons dragging down the beach, people launching, people landing, and then the real cool guy boosting right in the middle of it all. The pro pool is the perfect place for that stuff, not kite beach...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:15 pm

rightguard wrote: Although most of the time there are lessons dragging down the beach, people launching, people landing, and then the real cool guy boosting right in the middle of it all. The pro pool is the perfect place for that stuff, not kite beach...

hmm, so I thought the pro pool was kitebeach.

The initial poster is talking about Naish / Flash beach? Are the pro riders migrating up?

hapa13
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Ka'a Point (Kite Beach) Maui
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach (Maui)
Tahiti Beach (Abacos)
3rd Ave. (Nor Cal)
Style: Whatever the conditions warrant

Postby hapa13 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:00 am

The pool is kitebeach. Upwind of there is referred to as naish beach, flash beach and gay beach. The upper stretch of that same beach is commonly referred to as kooks or old man's. Plenty tourists seem to be around this last couple of weeks and many without a clue on water etiquette or wave etiquette, beach etiquette, common sense or even common courtesy. As a result, there's been a lot of stinkeye out in the water recently. More than we really need here in paradise. There's plenty of water and waves for everyone. Just remember: respect gets respect. Don't show up from outta town and act like you own the place. Don't be afraid to ask questions and please don't go out in conditions that are obviously well over your ability level. And if you do, please know the rotation (both in the pool and at the reef). Aloha -

aman
Medium Poster

Postby aman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:33 am

Aloha

it seems that you are surprised about the popularity of kitesurfing. I have been to Maui a few times windsurfing and kitesurfing and i still have a feeling that kitesurfing is still in some sort of a ban there. It feels like snowboarding in the early days.

It is what you want but look at brazil and cabarete to see the importance of kitesurfing for tourism.

But i would understand if you like to keep it to yourself as well!

Ian
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Luxe Surf

Postby Ian » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah Hapa, well said. It is amazing the "square peg round hole" syndrome going on.. Looks liek no wind for a few, so that should help things.. HA

Return to “Kitesurfing”