Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Forum "Like" feature... why don't we have it?

Forum for kitesurfers
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Forum "Like" feature... why don't we have it?

Postby grantman54 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Toby,
Lately I have found myself wanting to have a simple option to say "good post/idea/response". For example, I just saw fearlu's response to this question viewtopic.php?t=2371110&p=705794 and wanted to say great idea without the hastle of typing "great idea". hahahahaha
A like and dislike button would be helpful to see just how many people agree with the posts and I think it would keep in check a lot of the hating going on in the forum. Anonymity of the liking/disliking would probably be good, but maybe not.
Also it would be very helpful to see the general opinions. Kind of like an ongoing poll for each thread.

Why isn't there a feature like this on here? Do you think login is necessary or would people spam it? If you are worried about it getting out of hand, why not try it out for a couple months.

I feel like this is the next route for forums and really could benefit the larger goal of sharing solid information.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Forum "Like" feature... why don't we have it?

Postby dyyylan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Hmm, I don't think there are any easy phpBB plugins to do that kind of thing.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Re: Forum "Like" feature... why don't we have it?

Postby POACHER » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:33 pm

dyyylan wrote:Hmm, I don't think there are any easy phpBB plugins to do that kind of thing.
:thumb:
phpBB forums are kind of janky.

Return to “Kitesurfing”