experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Chavez, Kafka, DUE

Postby experienced1 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 pm

I missed the 6th night of the Cabrinha Race Series as I was waiting for UPS to deliver my new Cabrinha XB IDS kites. I have no racing info except for the results. Anthony Chavez (Naish) was first with 2 bullets and 2 pts (1,1), Jeff Kafka (Cabrinha) was second with 4pts (2,2) and new comer to the podium, Eric Due (Cabrinha) was third with 8pts (4,4). I also have no photos for the evening. HOWEVER, I do have some interesting photos from the US Nationals.

During the championship round, I was witness to probably the most exciting start I have seen to date. 40 racers were on the start line with HALF deciding that starboard was the best strategy, while the other HALF thought port was the best choice. In my opinion, port was the way to go. And, yes, there was a tangle and a protest; 3 local riders all on Cabrinha. Jomes Gomes was on starboard while Nils and Kafka were on port with Nils being windward of Kafka. Nils was the immediate cause of Gomes' kite to hit the water. Gomes protested them both with both reluctantly agreeing. The protest caused Kafka to drop from 5th to 9th overall, and Gomes receiving redress. These photos show you the progression of the start...enjoy!

Return to “Kitesurfing”