pyrobowe
Rare Poster
Gear: None yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Want to learn snowkiting in New Mexico

Postby pyrobowe » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I live in Taos, NM and want to fuel a resurgent interest. Over 10 years ago, in Norway, I did some snowkiting (and got dragged a lot and never got past that phase) but I want to hook up with someone in the Brazos or Eagle Nest. Anyone up for being a teacher... paid or volunteer? I can bring my own gear and good sense of humor.

In the event that no one kites in northern NM I can also visit Durango but NM would be easier for me. And, should any of you have interest in backcountry skiing I'm up in the Brazos and Williams Lake all the time.

Bowe

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Re: Want to learn snowkiting in New Mexico

Postby matthepp » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:44 am

Bowe,
There are a few of us avid snowkiters in SW Colorado. I know it's a few hours haul up from Taos but you're welcome to join up with us for either some roadside or back country kiting.
That Brazos area looks like it could have some amazing terrain when it has enough snow. This could be the year!

volock
Rare Poster
Gear: Lots

Postby volock » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:45 pm

pyrobowe wrote:I live in Taos, NM and want to fuel a resurgent interest. Over 10 years ago, in Norway, I did some snowkiting (and got dragged a lot and never got past that phase) but I want to hook up with someone in the Brazos or Eagle Nest. Anyone up for being a teacher... paid or volunteer? I can bring my own gear and good sense of humor.

In the event that no one kites in northern NM I can also visit Durango but NM would be easier for me. And, should any of you have interest in backcountry skiing I'm up in the Brazos and Williams Lake all the time.

Bowe
I'm in New Mexico and kite a fair amount, snow, dry land and occasionally water (which I'm new and horrible at). I'm actually headed out this weekend to snow-kite if we can find somewhere with snow. If you're interest in meeting up let me know and I'll get you my number so we can talk.

Edit: As I just joined... I figured I should add a note... Finally joined to comment on this thread and one other one. I'm pretty active on PowerKiteForum under the same name... Anyway, at least one friend and I are headed out Sunday (Event Link) if you want to join. If not feel free to keep in touch. I plan to hit Eagle Nest and Brazos as much as possible this year.

Hansvhh
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Gorge
Favorite Beaches: The spit
Style: Learning
Gear: Waroo

Postby Hansvhh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm in valdez, shoot me a text anytime you wanna go, 575-77nine-9three10. Hans. It's been a windy spring so far!

Return to “Kitesurfing”