Style: Freeride
Gear: FONE WOODBOARD
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi from Tarifa!

Postby tarifakite » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 am

Hi everybody from Tarifa!
After reading you for a while finaly I decided to sign up and be part of your community.
Im currently living here in Tarifa, so if you need any tips feel free to ask me ;)

cheers!

Snapback
Rare Poster
Gear: RPM - Asylum

Re: Hi from Tarifa!

Postby Snapback » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:55 am

quick question: how full is tarifa in mid july? is it worth going there or are there too many people on the water?

tarifakite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa

Postby tarifakite » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:35 am

July and August is high seasson in Tarifa, are the busiest months. Beaches are quite crowded with people kiting and learning but you can allways find your spot with less people. Also loads of things going on every day, cool night life, great summer atmosphere. So if if you wanna kite and have fun, coming in july is not a bad option. But, in Tarifa there is wind all year around so if you are not that bothered about night life and party is better to come during off seasson. This winter we had really good conditions, big waves, strong wind and all the beach (around 15 km) for ourselfs ;)

Snapback
Rare Poster
Gear: RPM - Asylum

Postby Snapback » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:36 pm

thank you! i was in tarifa in february and loved it - are the kite zones big on los lanches nord? i think in levante wind i would buy a security pass and kite ond the main beach but on poniente i think it will be crowded..?

tarifakite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa

Postby tarifakite » Fri May 06, 2016 11:38 am

With Levante you can kite in Valdevaqueros but it may be very very crowded with other kitesurfers, windsurefers and beach goers. You can also kite in los Lances where the rescue boats are. Last year the price for the tickets was 2 rescue ticket 30€ and 5 rescue ticket 50€. The beach in los lances is really wide so you can always find your spot where to set up your kite with no problem.

Return to “Kitesurfing”