Rare Poster
Local Beach: Saco beach, ME
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kites and Southern Maine

Postby sjcomp » Fri May 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Hi everyone, I decided to give kitesurfing a try. I have no experience with kites. I was looking around this site and I see that there is Pine Point beach 20 min away from me. I also found a school next to Boston to take a day class. Anybody from that area would like to be my budy in this endevour?

What would be a good way to connect with local comunity? I assume just showing up on Pine Point beach when weather is appropriate is simple enough.

In the class description I saw that they suggest that spending any time with a learning kite is beneficial. I understand that the school could provide one, but it is 2 hours away. Any suggestion how I can get my hands on one before I go to take the class?

I have a B license in Skydiving and it seems that kites are the perfect counterpart, given that winds ground us.

Blue skies.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: Kites and Southern Maine

Postby matth » Sat May 07, 2016 12:03 am

Sj there is a good teacher up your way that gives lessons at Pine Point. Masskiting.com is down right now for repair but should be back very soon.
go to kiteboardne.com Zeb is one of the best teachers in NE..

sjcomp
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Saco beach, ME
Gear: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kites and Southern Maine

Postby sjcomp » Sat May 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Matt, thanks for suggestions!

Return to “Kitesurfing”