Style: Freestyle
Gear: Airush DNA 12m 2016
Aurush Vox board 140cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New flyer, good gear!

Postby NZwingZinga » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 am

Hey everyone, im new to the sport and the forum and just wanted to share my learning experiences with other newbies from my lessons and research.

Ive purchased the 2016 Airush DNA 12m with 140cm board,new harness, bars, pump and 7 hours lessons for a humble $2000 NZ!!

From looking around and reading around I truly believe starting with new gear is a great option if your willing to take the time to properly train yourself to fly and get lessons so as to avoid destroying your first kite too quickly!

I completed my lessons in a week and hope to go for my first ride solo tomorrow (will be with experienced locals).

The importance of lessons!!! I truly thought I could teach myself and if it wasint for the board shop pretty much including the lessons for free with my kite I might not be giving any advice right now! Get lessons!!!

Dont buy old gear!! If you can find a good deal on second hand gear then do for it but be sure you know what you are buying! Inspect it, research it and if its too old dont do it! The newer the better, easier to re-launch and SAFER!!

Airush has the most affordable package on the market so far this year and from what I can tell you its an excellent starting point package, I have quickly progressed through the hardest part . . . The water start! And I thank my instructor and gear for that.

Lessons! Try and enjoy them because you likely wont ride the board maybe just water start at the end of lessons, they are there to teach kite control and safety! These are number 1! You can teach yourself the rest once you can safely handle the basics.

Hope to be an active member here and that this feeling of STOKE never leaves me!! Chur bro!
Safe flying

Return to “Kitesurfing”