2015 Cabrinha Switchblade 14M
Mystic Warrior Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello, New Kitesurfer from Canada

Postby Duke15 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Hello,

Just started kitesurfing this year while on a trip to Aruba then decided to really get into it once I got home to Toronto. The wind doesnt always cooperate here unfortunately but am getting better. Finally did my first transition and can get up and ride no problem. Bought used gear to get me going and was wondering what you think of the kites I bought. 2015 Cabrinha Switchblade 14m, 2012 Cabrinha Vector 12m, and a 2012 North Rebel 7m. Havent had a chance to use them yet as I have been using the kites provided by my intructor which is usually a 17m Ocean Rodeo flite although i did get out on his 10M 2010 Switchblade and loved it. Planning on doing multiple trips down south this winter to really progress. Kiting seems like a great community, everyone so far ive met has been very friendly and helpful!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Hello, New Kitesurfer from Canada

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 am

Welcome Duke!

Happy you are getting fully into the now!
You will love the sport and community...and might change your life due to it...mark my words ;-)

Never tried the kites, but should be fine for you to progress.
Once you are a solid rider, go and test different gear...so called testivals or demos are great to try and see what suits you the best.

Enjoy! And keep asking if you have any questions!

Return to “Kitesurfing”