Style: Freeride
Gear: RPM Slingshots
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi from North Carolina

Postby tomcallis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I live fulltime in Raleigh, NC but have a small house on Hatteras Island that I'm able to use for a month or so each year. I've been kiting for about 5 years, but really don't get to go very often and consider myself a beginner. I stay upwind and transition OK, but no big jumps or cool tricks. I pretty much just mow the grass, enjoy being on the water, and hope that the wind doesn't fall off. I have so much to learn, and I joined this forum to get inspired and absorb knowledge. If anyone kites on HI, hit me up! Thanks, Tom

SoaringVA
Rare Poster
Local Beach: New Point Comfort, Buckroe, OBX
Favorite Beaches: Real Watersports, Salvo, Avon
Style: Freeride beginner
Gear: Slingshot Rally 11m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi from North Carolina

Postby SoaringVA » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:17 pm

I know this is an old thread, but my son and I just got back from a vacation at Real Watersports and found riding to be pure magic. I think our sailing, windsurfing and wake experience helped a lot as we were getting upwind on day 3 (in 25-30mph!). I'd love to connect with other riders as we have a LOT to learn about the sport. I expect we'll be hitting VA launches more, but we may be back to HI in October.

Chris

Return to “Kitesurfing”