Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ISAF Int. Kitesurfing Assoc. I smell a RAT !

Forum for kitesurfers
STORMBIRD
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Maui, Isle of Palms South Carolina, South Padre Island Texas, Punta San Carlos Baja Mexico., pak nam pran Thailand...and a secret spot!
Style: kiteloops, unhooked,wavenostraps
Gear: North Vegas,Eclipse Thruster kites, 2007 naish thorn board or strapless surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None, mutt quiver and duct tape
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ISAF Int. Kitesurfing Assoc. I smell a RAT !

Postby STORMBIRD » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:49 am

Whats up with these clowns in the ISAF(Internation sailing association federales?!) trying to homogonize the sport.......I thought that the rules of kiteboarding are that there aren't any! Screw being an olympic sport...we wan't to be in the X-games. Please read the following "letter" that these beurocratic bullies sent to Mauricio Toscano and the PKRA........

Dear Mauricio, we herbeby request you to immediately stop all activities that potentially bypass national and international kiteboarding bodies interests and lead to a fragmentation of kiteboarding, like contacting other organizers venues, backdoor talks to ISAF etc. Our intention is the integration of all kiteboarding activities around the world. We invite you one more time to start serious negotiations with us, and we will call for a follow-up meeting mid/end of January including national associations, tour operators and ISAF committee members. We are looking forward to your answer until 23.12.2008, clearly confirming your will to co-operate and to stop any prejudical activities. Kind regards,Markus Schwendtner Executive Secretary
]
these guys sound pretty rude to me....what do you think? :advise: :advise: :smash: :thumb:

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !

Re: ISAF Int. Kitesurfing Assoc. I smell a RAT !

Postby RichardM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:19 am

The ISAF's letter seems incredibly arrogant as well as astonishingly broad and vague.

It gives the impression of being some kind of fascist-like bureaucracy bent on some type of total domination by preventing Mauricio (and presumably anyone else) from expressing ideas not in accordance with whatever their agenda is. Seems pretty way out there. Sure it isn't a US gov agency?

I wonder what "activities" they refer to.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing since 2002 !

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 am

ISF vs. FIS anybody?

its allways the same: the old big powerful organisation tries to take over the new small growing sports and try to rule it.

i was really dissapointed that nobody noticed this and people within kiteboarding welcomed the step. but finally some realise that there is something wrong with old lobbyists telling us how to run the sport.

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ian c » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:43 am

Kiteboarding, run by kiteboarders for kiteboarders. The middle finger to anyone else

all this International bullshit means nothing unless the world is about to unite as one country.

truthonwater
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Northshore
Style: Wakestyle all the way
Gear: Whatever I get my hands on!

Postby truthonwater » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:52 am

Kiteboarding, run by kiteboarders for kiteboarders. The middle finger to anyone else
yeah! F*** you stupid ISF kooks!

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:11 pm

kinda agree with tungsten despite the genetic heritage could have been erased from his post.....dont pu histiry or nationality into that, plz.

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jesserichman
Medium Poster

Postby jesserichman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:44 am

Hey guys, when I read this post I felt obligated to put in just a few words.
I understand the point of keeping kiteboarding the hardcore outlaw sport.
However I really don't think that having kiteboarding in the Olympics would be a bad thing???
I know that for riders having a sanctioned kiteboarding world cup would be awesome. It would make it easier to approach sponsors and easier for them to see what we are doing. As well as pushing kiteboarding in what I think is the right direction, getting it more known to the general public and sharing the stoke that we all get to experience with everyone.

Take a look at snow boarding, there are so many different disciples, their in the X-Games, their in the Olympics and even though their a huge industry and riders are making freaking Play Station games there still known as a Core Sport.

I think that the more we can do the better. Why limit ourselves when there's so much room to grow.

shaka
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite beach/Sandbanks/kite beach/Varadero-Cuba
Favorite Beaches: Varadero/Cuba
Kite beach-Cabarete/D.R
Style: Wave/Foil
Gear: starkites
Brand Affiliation: Starkites

Postby shaka » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:50 am

Hola Jesse. Very, very good answer, you are young and with good vision of the future.

William Acosta

Return to “Kitesurfing”