Forum for kitesurfers
AGT704
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Cult depower strap question.

Postby AGT704 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I come from riding Cabrinha kites and just tried an 09 Cult. I had trouble using the below the bar depower strap. I couldn't figure out how to secure it so the kite would remain depowered. Is there a special technique to this?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Cult depower strap question.

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

AGT704 wrote:I come from riding Cabrinha kites and just tried an 09 Cult. I had trouble using the below the bar depower strap. I couldn't figure out how to secure it so the kite would remain depowered. Is there a special technique to this?

If you have problems working the depower strap, try pointing your kite a little higher and lowering your speed (it might give you less to think about). Pointing the kite higher and depowering makes the kite pull a little less as you pull the depower strap. Have your kite higher, sheet out a little while pulling on the depower strap, once you have pulled in on the depower, hold the depower line at an angle where it is cleat is, then release. As the kite pulls on the depower line, the cleat should lock the line immediately.

Like anything, once you have it dialed in it'll be pretty easy. :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”