Gear: Aboards 2010 X-Series 137cm
Aboards 2010 Surfboard 5'11
Naish Cults 2009
Brand Affiliation: Aboards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stolen Kites - Help!

Postby Jordan Cabanas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:08 am

Today I was Kitesurfing in Alvor, Portugal (near Lagos) and my van was broken into by thieves - they took alot of things including cameras (cannon waterproof and GoPro HD) but most of all they stole 2 of my kites.
They are both Wainman Hawaii kites and one is the 7m (Gypsy) the other is a 12m (Boss) - both of them are black.
If everyone can keep a look out for these kites (if you get offered them and they seem too cheap!) I would be very grateful - please let me know if you have any clues... my Portuguese mobile phone was also stolen but you can call me on my other number 0031 646350082 or email contactjordanlawrence@gmail.com

Thanks

Jordan

Kirok
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Lynæs, Denmark
Nivå, Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Gudmindrup, Denmark
Ishøj, Denmark
Hvide Sande, Denmark
Style: Freeride
Gear: Mako Classic, Mako King, Core Fusion 139 cm
Core Free 9M
Core XR6 12
Flysurfer Speed3 21 M
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stolen Kites - Help!

Postby Kirok » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi Jordan
I am going to reply to this one because I have kited at Alvor and I will be kiting there again in July. I live in Denmark and there is a low chance that your kite will show up here (but I will keep my eyes open). I have never seen a Wainman kite in Denmark.

I want to know where you parked at Alvor? I normally park at the small Alvor fishing harbor. The fishermen that use this harbor are good people and, in fact, keep an eye on things. At any rate, I have never seen or observed problems when parking there. On the other hand, I take all of my gear with me so my car looks totally empty.

To me Alvor is a special place in my world of kitesurfing and I would be sad if it was a general trend that thieves descend on this area.

I hope you find your equipment. I too know how inconvenient, annoying and depressing it is to have personal sports equipment stolen from places presumed safe.

kind regards
Kirk

Gergz
Rare Poster
Gear: Best TS 7/9/12
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Stolen Kites - Help!

Postby Gergz » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm

second_hand.php?task=showAd&id=6910&Itemid=

WTF!? are you selling your stolen kites????

Return to “Kitesurfing”