Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Transformer Harness

Forum for kitesurfers
nicor
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

North Transformer Harness

Postby nicor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 pm

My back is bothering me these days, but I just can’t go back to a seat harness. I find them too restrictive.

Has anybody tried the North Transformer harness? looks like a hybrid - nice.

Does it just crunch you balls like other seat harnesses?

Looks easy to strap into.

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: North Transformer Harness

Postby William Munney » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm

nicor wrote:My back is bothering me these days, but I just can’t go back to a seat harness. I find them too restrictive.

Has anybody tried the North Transformer harness? looks like a hybrid - nice.

Does it just crunch you balls like other seat harnesses?

Looks easy to strap into.

A "Transformer" harness that promises "No sliding up through comfortable climber panties" :-)

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Haven't seen one, but I've been riding the Ocean Rodeo's Session II for the last couple of years for the same reasons... loving it!!! Give it a shot!

If you'll be getting one, make sure to either get the perfect size, or one size bigger...

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:50 pm

The transformer is a full blown waist harness, with seat designed to act as "back up" for keeping harness from riding up. The leg straps are secondary and can be left loose, if desired.

So no wedgie!

In action, the legs straps offer just enough backup to keep the harness from riding up and staining your back. You won't ever have to pull the harness down after a jump.

The real key to the whole design is the strap that goes from your hip, up and "over" the hook to the other side of your hip. This keeps the bar down, and thus the harness stays down. The leg straps are just there, but not doing much.

I helped North design it several years ago. You'll love it.

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m

Postby William Munney » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Dwight wrote:The transformer is a full blown waist harness, with seat designed to act as "back up" for keeping harness from riding up. The leg straps are secondary and can be left loose, if desired.

So no wedgie!

In action, the legs straps offer just enough backup to keep the harness from riding up and staining your back. You won't ever have to pull the harness down after a jump.

The real key to the whole design is the strap that goes from your hip, up and "over" the hook to the other side of your hip. This keeps the bar down, and thus the harness stays down. The leg straps are just there, but not doing much.

Sounds good, I think I'll check it out at my local shop.

nicor
Frequent Poster

Postby nicor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Dwight wrote:The transformer is a full blown waist harness, with seat designed to act as "back up" for keeping harness from riding up. The leg straps are secondary and can be left loose, if desired.

So no wedgie!

Will it help to reduce some of the stress on my back when kiiting?

Ya, I've considered the OR session harness as well, but it looks like it might crush your nuts if yanked upwards. A minor point, but I do like to idea of simply straping on the harness instead of stepping into it. the north system you can just strap on with the buckles, a great advantage in winter when you have big bulky snowpants, not to mention huge ski or snowboard boots.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:13 pm

No "crushed nuts" issues with the Session harness... the only thing that it tends to crash is the excessive fat on my kidneys... :D :D :D Got to kite more often... :jump: Seriously, just yesturday I felt the usual pressure point in the kidney area after the usual 4 hours non-stop... found the remedy in relaxing the harness and sliding it a little up or down... lasted another 2 hours before wind died.... Haven't had any issues with straps either, they are large enough to accommodate bare legs, super thick steamer or winter pants... although I'm still using my old Dakine seat for winter...

Cheers....

nicor
Frequent Poster

Postby nicor » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 pm

alexeyga wrote:No "crushed nuts" issues with the Session harness... the only thing that it tends to crash is the excessive fat on my kidneys... :D :D :D Got to kite more often... :jump: Seriously, just yesturday I felt the usual pressure point in the kidney area after the usual 4 hours non-stop... found the remedy in relaxing the harness and sliding it a little up or down... lasted another 2 hours before wind died.... Haven't had any issues with straps either, they are large enough to accommodate bare legs, super thick steamer or winter pants... although I'm still using my old Dakine seat for winter...

Cheers....
thx for resonses.

The OR session, logically, seems like it would give good support, by transfering some of the tension off of the back to the legs. Seriously considering.

Not so obvious with the North Transformer. I love to hear from others on their experiences using this specific harness. If it'll relieve some of the stress on your back when kiting. I can't seem to find any decent review on this sucker. but looks good, i'll say that.

vhb4302
Rare Poster

Postby vhb4302 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Dakine Fusion is hard to beat for back support and comfortable after you wear it several times. Mystic also makes a nice seat harness.

Hei
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Iceland
Gear: Best waroo 9,11,13
Cabrinha xbow IDS 16
Flysurfer Pulse8 Unity 12DL(on order) Speed 3 15 DL

Mako 140
LF recoil 130
Door

Postby Hei » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 pm

I have been using the North Transformer harness for about a year now. Absolutely love it. No upward sliding nor crushing of the nuts. Simply one great harness.

Return to “Kitesurfing”