Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Jay new products available April 2014

Postby Toby » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Jay News:

Jay new products available April 2014

image003.jpg
It’s common thought that kite harness evolution is at the end but after few brainstorming we identified improvements to our system and designed the 2014 product line.
Our main issue was to eliminate any possibility for the product to fail: we decided to design molds to cast all the DYNABAR parts, welding process is over. Harness belts goes all around the back and are stitched all the way, reducing to almost zero the possibility of failure.

The features of the new product line are almost the same as previous years but we would like to remind you how JAY XT harness and DYNABAR V8 XT can be used by all kiter’s skill levels and in all different styles.

- Beginners can take advantage from the PIVOTING HOOK configuration, the hook can turn in all direction reducing the rotation of the pad and harness. They could also use the FR slider and have a real benefit when walking on the beach or body dragging.
- Free riders have plenty of choices: PIVOTING HOOK if the like comfort and jump without the need to control a sliding hook, FR SLIDER to enjoy toe side ride but with a more stable hook, DYNEEMA SLIDER to play with. Finally they could also use a FIXED HOOK but we don’t see a real benefit to use it.
- Freestyle riders won’t feel the difference from any other fixed hook harness when using the FIXED HOOK, but when conditions changes they can switch to sliding hook with waves or use hook locker in racing.
- Wave riders need body movement in order to slash waves and feel the freedom of a surfboarder. The DYNEEMA SLIDER is the most used option but they can also mount the steel PW SLIDER for faster hook response.
- Snow kiters have a lot of side pull when using ski and DYNABAR is the no-missing solution. Using snowboard any trick will be easier to execute.
- Racers can use the HOOK LOCKER instead of a traditional hook. By opening the CL you can insert the loop inside the HOOK LOCKER, close it back and be sure that you will never unhook accidentally unless you don’t pull the quick release. Another advantage is the low lever that limits the twist of harness and pad.
- KiteBuggy is a minor discipline but with the same or even bigger problem, the side pull. DYNABAR is the only working solution available to offer you this feature.
- Kiters will continue to get the same disease: when they try sliding hook they can’t go back to a fixed hook!

New dealers are welcome, questions can be submitted to info@jaystore.eu

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: Jay new products available April 2014

Postby NYKiter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Is there a stainless pulley wheel this time?
...that plastic one was for the dogs...
:bye:

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

+ 1 for a stainless Roller.

capitan nemo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby capitan nemo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

Looks really good.
Jay has come a long way since the dynabar.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 am

14ToeSide wrote:+ 1 for a stainless Roller.
The answer is "delrin rod" in 20mm and get your local machine shop to make some replacements from the original roller in the pack

I've tried PTFE, nice and smooth, but too soft so wears quickly

Brass, smooth for a while, no wear. Gets 'sticky' after a while

Delrin, good wear, smooth. So far this is the best

The next one one I will be trying is Delrin rod impregnated with graphite

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Postby jaystore » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 pm

The main issue is that not always turns but slides, it's due to low angle made by the dyneema and worst by steel sliders.
The main issue with pulley is sand. We wanted to use pulleys with steel balls but they work fine for a while.
Another option we are testing is a stainless steel pulley with central part in delrin for easy rotation.
Please note that harder you make the pulley (delrin+graphite) and faster you destroy the dyneema rope; the problem is not solved but moved to another part. Nevertheless we are trying to improve the pulley system.

Proki
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Zalduendo, Burgos, Spain
Favorite Beaches: (Pantano del Ebro, Zalduendo) Burgos , Spain.
Style: kitebuggy, snowkite, kitesurf
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: Rider

Postby Proki » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:49 pm

So far it is the most likely to harness market adjustment. I took two years by testing this harness and whenever I like. Glad to see new ideas and product improvements. I have no doubt you will be using in my 24h/kitebuggy 2014 record attempt.

oliverguest
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Borestrand
Style: wave
Gear: Flexifoil, ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby oliverguest » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:09 pm

My solution, Ronstan pulley. very smooth
Attachments
P9240068.JPG

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:14 pm

oliverguest wrote:My solution, Ronstan pulley. very smooth
That looks like half of a flexifoil chickenloop? neat idea.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:49 am

Can you post more pictures of the pivoting hook slider bar? I am interested in getting one once they become available.

How is the pivoting hook attached?
jaystore wrote:The main issue is that not always turns but slides, it's due to low angle made by the dyneema and worst by steel sliders.
The main issue with pulley is sand. We wanted to use pulleys with steel balls but they work fine for a while.
Another option we are testing is a stainless steel pulley with central part in delrin for easy rotation.
Please note that harder you make the pulley (delrin+graphite) and faster you destroy the dyneema rope; the problem is not solved but moved to another part. Nevertheless we are trying to improve the pulley system.

Return to “Kitesurfing”