Where to live in Corpus Christi, TX

Forum for kitesurfers
leebonfiglio
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to live in Corpus Christi, TX

Postby leebonfiglio » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:10 am

I'm going to be spending the next three years in Corpus Christi, TX so, I'm looking for some advice from the locals about where to live. I'll be working from home so, the closer to the best spots the better.
I met a kiter down in La Ventana this winter, Rocky, and he said something about Portland being the place to be.

Thanks,
Lee

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where to live in Corpus Christi, TX

Postby kitegrommet » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm

I checked out the area last year. Nice place.

The most economical and close to kiting is in Portland, TX. A launch is nearby and the people are super kite friendly.

Out on the beach, are hundreds of condos and apts for rent, just go and look

You can get a good monthly rate while you are looking at the Bahia Mar, out on the beach.

Jeff at Prokitesurf and Ryan at Southcoast Kites, will know more than I've provided.

Good luck,

Windguy
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Windguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17 am

If you are interested in riding waves on the coast then Portland is as far from the coast as you can be in the area. If you look at the southside of Corpus or Flour Bluff you will be close to Packery Channel, Lola, the coast and several other flat water spots.

leebonfiglio
Rare Poster

Postby leebonfiglio » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:27 am

I'm looking for the spot with the most ridable days without having to drive more than a few minutes. I heard portland was better in the summer, but don't know much about the rest of the year. I'm going to buy a house so I want to make sure and pick the closest spot for the most number of days on the water.
thanks,
lee

Return to “Kitesurfing”