2008 Kiteboard Pro World Tour
ST Gilles Kitesurf Pro
World Cup of Kiteboarding
St Gilles Croix de Vie â€“ Vendee - France
29th April / 4th May 2008
27 000â‚¬ Prize Money
France-08-1.jpg [ 89.2 KIB | Viewed 395 times ]
Dear Sponsors, Athletes and Medias,
This year KPWT will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of the KPWT 1998
Every community in kitesurf is invited to participate in this year-long celebration of KPWT'S
We welcome you to St Gilles Croix de Vie, Vendee, France, for the St Gilles Kitesurf Pro, and only french stage of the 2008 KPWT season.
This french stage of the 2008 KPWT will be the third time in St Gilles Croix de Vie.
Launched in 1999, the Kiteboard Pro World Tour is the professional world cup of Kiteboarding that promotes the sport and its star riders on an international level. The 2008 series of 8 events crowns the men and women world champions, for Senior and Junior divisions.
Congratulations on being invited to be a part of this event, which we hope weâ€™ll be memorable for you both, athletes and medias. Enclosed in this manual you will find everything you need to know in relation to the event.
On behalf of the KPWT, the Semvie, The City of St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and our event partners, welcome to St Gilles and good luck to you all!
Thank you for being there with us 10 years ago and thank you for being here with us today.
Without your support, this would not have been possible. Thank you very much. What a ride and it has been AMAZING !!!
Enjoy the show!
FrÃ©dÃ©ric Gravoille â€“ KPWT Promoter
Event Dates :
28th April REGISTRATION
29th April/ 4th May 2008 : EVENT
The city and area :
The city of Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie and Vendee to a wider extent are well-known for being part of the best water sports centers in France. St Gilles Croix de Vie bears in particular the Â« France Station Nautique Â» label, which proves the cityâ€™s dynamism in water and extreme sports and capacity to offer the required infrastructures to host an international event such as the St Gilles Kitesurf Pro.
The spot of St Gilles :
The beach, called â€œLa Grande Plageâ€, is the main beach surrounding the city.
The wind and wave condition :
St Gilles offer a South to North wind from 15 to 35 knots, perfect for a wave event. Itâ€™s a good quality beach-break, working at less than 1m - 3ft and holds up to 2.5m+ / 8ft+, swell direction NorthWest, West, SouthWest, wind NorthEast, East, SouthEast.
The St Gilles Kitesurf Pro will feature the worldâ€™s top 32 professional kiteboarderâ€™s men and 8 professional women competing during two different races and a wave event:
The main discipline for the world championships :
â€¢ Freestyle : The winner will gain 1 000pts, taken into account in the world overall ranking. 12 000â‚¬ Prize Money
â€¢ Course Racing : speed race from a point to another. 4 000â‚¬ Prize Money
â€¢ Wave Masters : a 100% wave riding discipline. 7 500â‚¬ Prize Mone
BONUS end of the year 3 500â‚¬
Format of the main wave - freestyle event :
The competition will be conducted in heats as follows :
1st round : heats of four competitors â€“ One/ One if possible
2nd round : heats of four competitors â€“ One / One if possible
quarter finals : heats of two competitors
semi finals : heats of two competitors
final : heat of two competitors
Winner and Loser brackets take 2 days to finish
Judging : KPWT Rule Book on http://www.kiteboardpro.com
and available on demand to the race HQ
Judges will use paper copies of the judging sheets then pass them to score keepers who will use laptops PC running the MS Excel spreadsheet to calculate and tally the scores. Each judge uses one sheet per competitor for each heat.
Judging criteria are a balanced mix of the following components, 10 points each :
â€¢ Technical difficulty (considering height and power)
â€¢ Variety (demonstrate ability to perform on both tacks, rotations in either direction, off-axis, power and high moves)
â€¢ Overall impression (considering style, quality vs quantity, innovation and â€œwowâ€ factor)
On Site Facilities
Accomodation Infos :
Hotels in St Gilles-Croix-de Vie
- Les AstÃ©rides : 50 metres from the beach - 00 33 2 51 60 11 11
- Le Marina : on the beach - 00 33 2 51 54 77 17
- Edena : 00 33 2 51 55 30 44
- La Gaillette : 800 ms from the beach - 00 33 2 51 54 77 17
Outside St Gilles :
- Le Montreuil Bellay : 8kms from St Gilles - 00 33 2 51 60 11 11
Transport facilities :
How to go to St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie
- By Car : various highways to St Gilles, depending on your point of departure â€“ refer to http://www.mappy.com
The event site, La Grande Plage, is the main beach of the city
- By train : TGV from various cities (Paris with connection in Nantes) â€“ http://www.sncf.fr
- By Plane : the nearest airport is Nantes â€“ then regional trains (TER - high frequency â€“ 1h30 way to St Gilles, about 10-15 â‚¬) make the connection to St Gilles.
Emergency Contacts :
- Medical center : Centre Medico-Social Conseil GÃ©nÃ©ral de la VendÃ©e Direction de la SolidaritÃ© et de la Famille
Rue Jules Ferry 85800 SAINT GILLES CROIX DE VIE - 02 51 55 40 17
- Hospital : Centre Hospitalier Loire VendÃ©e OcÃ©an : 02 51 55 89 84
Rue de la Paix 85800 SAINT GILLES CROIX DE VIE
- Taxis :Taxi Atlantic : 21 r Henry Simon 85800 St Gilles - 02 51 55 86 59
Taxi KlÃ©ber : 7 r QuimperlÃ© 85800 St Gilles 02 51 55 11 05
Taxi & Ambulance OcÃ©ane : 96 r Calvaire 85800 St Gilles -02 51 55 47 96
- Police / Gendarmerie : 17
- Firemen : 18
- SAMU : 15
Partners Bars â€“ Night clubs :
Night bars :
- Pub le Monte Cristo/ 02 51 54 78 78 â€“ from Friday to Monday night
- Le Sloop /
- Lâ€™Aloha (BrÃ©tignolles)/ 02 51 90 00 32
Day bars :
- La CafÃ© du Port
- Le Jambard (on the beach)
Athletes, Medias and VIPs Facility & Hospitality
The event will provide an athlete lounge area that will be available as a relax base to all athletes involved in the competition and their guests.
Access passes (bracelets) will be provided during the registrations.
Internet access will be provided for the competitors â€“ on demand to the race HQ.
Meals : athletes will be issued with lunch vouchers on the first day of the competition. These can be redeemed at the catering van on site each day of the competition.
Sponsors, VIPs and Media Hospitality
The event will provide a VIP lounge area for the Sponsors, VIPs and Medias.
Access badge on demand to the race HQ.
Athletes will not be allowed into the sponsors and VIP lounge unless invited by a sponsor, journalist or official staff member.
Competitors Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct requires that an athlete must :
- Act with care and diligence in the course of the event
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- When acting in the course of the event, comply with all applicable Australian laws
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by management of the event.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Use event equipment and resource in a proper manner
- Not provide false or misleading information in response to a request for information that is made for official purposes in connection with the event.
- Not to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol whilst representing the event.
- All athletes must disclose and take reasonable steps to avoid any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection
with sponsor products and appropriate use of said products.
- At all times behave in a way that upholds the event and the integrity and good reputation of the event.
- Athletes will be provided with the competition rashie, which must be worn during competition, interviews, demos and official ceremonies (prize giving, press conference, etc.)
- Above all, have fun!!!
KPWT Team :
- KPWT Promoter : FrÃ©dÃ©ric Gravoille : firstname.lastname@example.org
06 12 71 38 15
- KPWT Event Coordination / media liaison / Competitors relations :KPWT@wanadoo.fr
- Speaker : Stephen Marret
- TV production : Arrepio
- Photographer : Carlos Delicado
KPWT Race Direction and Judging Team :
- Race Director : William Bogaards (Hol)
- Head Judge : Alex Vliege (Hol)
- Judges : Benoit Declerc (Bel), AdamÃÄek VÃtÄ›zslav (Rep Tech), Grzegorz Wlazlowski (Pol)