The Wakeboot Mega Thread

Forum for kitesurfers
doubleeuphic
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Wakeboot Mega Thread

Postby doubleeuphic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:42 pm

This thread is dedicated to everything about wakeboarding boots in kiteboarding. Post what boots you ride with, what you like about them, what you dont like about them. Post any questions you may have regarding wakeboard bindings.

I ride 2007 LF Ultra bindings, essentially a Union with a prostrap on it. I ride the bindings because of the same feeling I once had with wakeboarding behind a boat. I am all about the aggressiveness on the water, the total control while in the air, the extreme pop allowed with the boots, and the style it brings.

I feel no longer obligated to ever where straps again, unless it is to try some huge kiteloops. The boots are super easy to get in and out of when starting or ending a session. If you have ever had apprehension about twisting an ankle or anything, you have a better chance with straps. Watch Hadlow's Dark Side video to see the potential in boots and the style it brings.

hebrew_hammer
Medium Poster

Re: The Wakeboot Mega Thread

Postby hebrew_hammer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:17 pm

this is not the place for this.....

go to the scoop!
Kitescoop.com

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:32 pm

This is totally the place for this!!!!!!!

The dark side is the future, all the cool kids are doin it.

Escalades this season. CWB torq's the past two years. Best bindings before that.

Once you go boots you never go back.

Word to the Dre, Goose, Chuchtown, Sleeze, Morris, Bert, Coon, Stoner, and the list goes on...

Bozo
Medium Poster

Postby Bozo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:38 pm

I come from a wakeboarding background and really miss the feeling of bindings. Can I just thow my old bindings onto my kiteboard?

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 am

you might need to drill out the plate cause the spacing of your kiteboard inserts is only 6 inch instead of the 8 inch on your boots. Its pretty simple and bam,,, your boots now fit any kiteboard.

Any kiteboard that has three footstrap options should be able to fit the boots without drilling.

Most strap kiteboards have a stance that is kinda narrow for boots.

Make sure the board is at least 39 cm wide and not too flexy

get back to your roots, get back to your boots.

powerpersonified
Medium Poster
Style: wake
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby powerpersonified » Thu May 01, 2008 1:34 am

I wakeboarded for years before kiteboarding and just couldn't use to straps - When I finally got a LF mission and put my Ultras on it, it made a world of difference for me - In bindings you can ride with so much more power that theres no comparison - I ride escalades now and really like the hold down they have over the Ultras/Unions, and you don't come out - I can hold down alot more wind, load, and pop with more style and power in bindings

@Bozo

Putting bindings on a board not designed for it will probably end up breaking it eventully and you don't get the benifits you normally would with a wake style board - I'm sure there are some that work ok but not as good as some of the LF,DC, or SS boards - It been covered on the forum before...
If you going to get into bindings there are a couple things you have to consider..
1. make sure the board is made and designed for bindings.. not too flexy and soft..riding with bindings needs the board to be energitic so too flexy is not good
2. need to widen your stance.. So the board needs to be set up for a wider stance otherwise it will have a negitave flex /rocker if you widen the stance by adding inserts.
3 do not go to small.. A binding board hopefully means that you are going wake board style riding, and you will need more board to get the POP you need for this style.
4.. Got to go wide... 40cm plus is a good start!
5. a fair amount of rocker.. More than you think!!

There is a good discussion on kitescoop about this exact topic; http://www.kitescoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In general, http://www.kitescoop.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a great place for info about wake style and bindings etc.etc..

This is my personal binding board (THUG) it is 138 X 43cm.

cheers !
DC
http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1& ... gs+dc+thug" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doubleeuphic
Medium Poster

Postby doubleeuphic » Thu May 01, 2008 10:18 pm

hebrew_hammer wrote:this is not the place for this.....

go to the scoop!
Kitescoop.com

Haha, I am on the scoop. I just wanted to bring the darkness over to the light.

doubleeuphic
Medium Poster

Postby doubleeuphic » Wed May 07, 2008 8:34 pm

bounce it

Return to “Kitesurfing”