Medium Poster
Local Beach: Puerto Rico
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: Kite Banging
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

1st Underground Contest at Ocean Park, Puerto Rico

Postby Habi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:59 am

On Saturday July 19, with the cooperation of the local kiteboarding community of Ocean Park and SkyBanditz Kitesurfing Puerto Rico, we are proud to announce the 1st ever underground contest held in Ocean Park Kite beach for the benefit of the sport and the comunity.

The goal of the event is not to collect money , is to gather all the kite boarders from around the island to show their skills and talent and have fun. Doing this we will call the atenttion of those who don't know the sport and the most important , for me, the young kids !!!!All of us are exited because we love the sport and we want to take a step ahead now . Since the last couple of years nobody cares to do something possitive for us , those who had the tools to make it happen like the PKRA-French couple that run a kite school here , they have done nothing for our comuniy except money same as Vela Uno who cares mostly for the windsurfers... we are tired of them and their B@#$%%%!

So bring your six pack of your favorite drink, family and what ever else you may need to enjoy the day !! get together and party till the end in support of what we love to do : KITEBOARDING

For more info look in our facebook page under events !! See you there !!!! :jump:

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Re: 1st Underground Contest at Ocean Park, Puerto Rico

Postby kiter147 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:43 am

nooo i missed it
i was suppose to do to that but was there wind at that then?
my dad said there wasnt

prwinds
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Punta las Marias
Ocean Park
Favorite Beaches: Punta las Marias
Style: new school, waves
Gear: Griffin Kites, Liquid Force Concept 139, Escalade Bindings
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 1st Underground Contest at Ocean Park, Puerto Rico

Postby prwinds » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 am

buahaha your dad was wrong!
The wind was solid 20-25 knots all day, sunny clear skies. A great day!

Theres another post about the event with pictures and all the info and results, will post some when I find it.

good winds!

Return to “Kitesurfing”