Forum for kitesurfers
DibutilFtalat
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

World Ice and Snow Sailing Association Championship 2010

Postby DibutilFtalat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:00 am

WISSA 2010 will take place at La Baie, Quebec, Canada on Feb.28th-Mar.7th, 2010! Please check in here or at http://wissa.org for more info as it becomes available. Everyone is welcome! Post your questions here, I will try to answer.

snowspider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: trying sylvan in 09
tug hill 09
Style: beginer
Gear: 2m , 3.6m , 5m , 9m foils ,,, 7+10m slingshot turbo diesle's
ski boards and home made "snow spider"

Re: World Ice and Snow Sailing Association Championship 2010

Postby snowspider » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 am

I have a sled that I sit on that I use with my kites , will I be able to participate in any of the events?
The rules indicate all events are stand up, I hope I can be allowed to enter events.
Is the main area of activity in front of the lodge with the ski resort behind it?

Sebastian Bubmann
Rare Poster
Style: Wakestyle + all around
Gear: Flysurfer & Flyboards, Kitejunkie.com, Mystic, Scott, Perfect Style Motions
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer & Flyboards, Kitejunkie.com, Mystic, Scott and PSM -> Teamrider

Postby Sebastian Bubmann » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Will there be any kind of a real freestyle - competition or will it be only for attraction and the main thing will be racing?

DibutilFtalat
Medium Poster

Postby DibutilFtalat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:08 pm

snowspider wrote:The rules indicate all events are stand up
True, this is stated to forbid any kinds of ice boats in the competition. They are generally faster and very unsafe when combined with any of the "stand-up" classes.
snowspider wrote:I hope I can be allowed to enter events.
In previous Championships there were always 2-3 competitors on some curious devices that would not fit into any of the class. In such cases it was always up to the Racing Committee to decide which class to put them in and if they are scored or not. I have forwarded your question to the Organizers in Quebec and will update you here. In any case no one coming was ever disappointed! :)
snowspider wrote:Is the main area of activity in front of the lodge with the ski resort behind it?
I have no idea, frankly. This is a new race spot, I have never been there. There is some kind of ski resort near by but you better consult wit the locals (I have posted your question to them but you are welcome to ask directly, all contact info is at http://www.wissa.org/2009/10/wissa-2010 ... ation.html)
Cheers! :D

DibutilFtalat
Medium Poster

Postby DibutilFtalat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Sebastian Bubmann wrote:Will there be any kind of a real freestyle - competition or will it be only for attraction and the main thing will be racing?
Freestyle noted for Feb.26-27 is not part of WISSA competition but a local event which welcomes WISSA competitors to join in. I do not know if this event is a a real competition or just fun.

The official disciplines for WISSA 2010 as declared by the organizers are:

1. Course race (up to 12 runs)
2. Speed trials (up to 3 runs)
3. Marathon.

All of those are dependent on the weather and ice/snow conditions and may be reviewed, modified and extended by the organizers. It seems that freestyle is suitable only to the kiter's class and the rest of the disciplines are common to all WISSA classes. However nothing forbids the organizers to have WISSA 2010 Freestyle World Championship if they choose to. I will speak to them and ask what they have in mind.

DibutilFtalat
Medium Poster

Postby DibutilFtalat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Sebastian Bubmann wrote:a real freestyle - competition or...
According to the reply I've got from the organizer, the freestyle event will be a stage of the 19th Open Cup of Quebec. It coincides with WISSA 2010 and run by the same people. Everyone is welcome to take part in Quebec Cup which final stage will happen a couple weeks after WISSA 2010 at Deux Montagnes lake near Montréal.

:thumb:

DibutilFtalat
Medium Poster

Postby DibutilFtalat » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 am

Fresh information.

In addition to three traditional races (course, speed, marathon) and Quebec Cup in freestyle there will be a

SHORT TRACK SLALOM!

This is race is getting more and more popular as well as the most attractive show of all.

Dare to try?

snowspider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: trying sylvan in 09
tug hill 09
Style: beginer
Gear: 2m , 3.6m , 5m , 9m foils ,,, 7+10m slingshot turbo diesle's
ski boards and home made "snow spider"