Forum for kitesurfers
michaelt
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mystic Warrior lifetime warranty

Postby michaelt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 am

My 06' Mystic Warrior lasted for just over 2 years... Just cruising, jumping and some very basic tricks. On one side the stitches came off, and the spreader bar with the pad opened completely. Luckily my model had leg straps (seat-waist combo), and I was able to make it back to shore safely.

So here are a few points for discussion:

1) Unlike Dakine (especially Fusion and latest Pyros):
- the load on each side is not distributed - only one connection point on each side (Fusion has 4 connections on each side, Pyro - 2).
- the connection stitches are not visible, you never have a clue if the stitches worn out or not (all stitches on Dakine are clearly visible).

2) I somehow saved the tag that was on the harness, and the receipt, too. The tag says "Lifetime Warranty on stitches". I e-mailed Mystic asking how to file a claim, and a week later still no answer... Has anybody tried that Warranty?

3) Mystic (and especially Warrior) is probably #1 in popularity. Does 2+ year life sound more or less right? I know some people wear Dakine harnesses for 10+ years.

I totally loved that harness while it lasted. Even though the leg strap design is just brutal (again, comparing to Dakine Fusion), the comfort of the harness was great. So I am curious about other people opinions as I need a new harness now, and Mystic is hard to put on the list...

Mike.

JumpinJoe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft Myers Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ft myers Beach - Lanark St
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Kites- Flexifoil Hadlow Pro - Fuel
Board- Aggression - RRD
Mystic
Brand Affiliation: Getkiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mystic Warrior lifetime warranty

Postby JumpinJoe » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:19 am

michaelt wrote:Does 2+ year life sound more or less right?
I go through my shoes every 6 months and don't even think twice about it.

I also replace my harness every year even if its fine its worth it. :thumb:

Also why would you think a harness should last 10 years and why would you want to use a 10 year old harness anyway.

Return to “Kitesurfing”