Forum for kitesurfers
kitepilot
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone kited Fiji?

Postby kitepilot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Howzit Kiters,
I'll be in Fiji on March 2. Is there good kiting there besides Namotu and Tavarua? I have been looking at the wind/surf forecasts and it doesn't look too good on the main island of Viti Levu. Does anyone know if there are fun spots on Viti Levu or is it necessary to hire a boat to get to the outer islands. This question also applies to surfing. I don't know what to bring at this point either my kite gear which travels well or my surfboard. I'll only be there for 3 days on this trip. Any suggestions?
Aloha KP

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone kited Fiji?

Postby RAL INN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 am

kitepilot wrote:Howzit Kiters,
I'll be in Fiji on March 2. Is there good kiting there besides Namotu and Tavarua? I have been looking at the wind/surf forecasts and it doesn't look too good on the main island of Viti Levu. Does anyone know if there are fun spots on Viti Levu or is it necessary to hire a boat to get to the outer islands. This question also applies to surfing. I don't know what to bring at this point either my kite gear which travels well or my surfboard. I'll only be there for 3 days on this trip. Any suggestions?
Aloha KP
www.safarilodge.com.fj

although you are going in the non trade wind season.

we take a group there every year the last 2 weeks of August on an all inclusive tailored kiting holiday and every year it just gets better.

Return to “Kitesurfing”